It's been 6 months now, what is WRONG with me!?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Pink123
Hooked On HelpingTeens

It's been 6 months now, what is WRONG with me!?

Post by Pink123 »

So, where to begin.. I've never been a relationship type of person. I'd always get bored after a month and dump the guy, if not sooner. Last year I got kicked out by my dad and went to live with my mom. At my new school a met a guy, and 2 weeks later we started dating. We dated for a year give or take. I loved him and he took my virginity and we'd spend A LOT of time together. Thing is though, everyone at the school..well more like everyone in the county..knew of him. He's known as a big manwhore. I ignored everyones advice to not get mixed up with him, but me always wanting to see the good in everyone.. boy was I a fool. And he was good. He knows exactlyyyyyy what girls want to hear. Amazing sweet talker. So me, being naive and vulnberable in a new school, had no idea and just thought wow this guy is too good to be true. And now a year and a half later I'm right. Bascially, we dated from october of 2006 - 2007. He cheated on me ATLEAST 3 times that I know of. He was a complete control freak and psycho. [but i shouldn't be complaining, i let him] He controlled who I talked to [more like who i couldn't talk to which was any guy and most girls].. to what i wore..to everything and anything. He was emotionally abusive.. called me every name in the book, told me no one cared about me but him[and that wasnt a new thought in my head, so i believed it] I wouldn't consider him physically abusive but there were a few times where I'm confused if it was counted as abuse or not... but anyways, I became a different person. I stayed with a cheating no good guy. Yeah I can go on and on and on about my ex... bottom line.. its been SIX MONTHS and i STILL always think about him and I STILL want him back. Like what is WRONG with me?! I hate it. And I want to hate him, but I can't. He's ALLLLLLLLLLL I ever think about. You'd think after 6 months I'd be kind of over it already if not fully... just ugh it sucks. Idk why I even posted this, probably because he's all I ever think about and I just need someone to help me make sense of all this. I don't know I'm just confused and I want to be over him, but I can't. He wasn't a good bf at all and I think I'll never find such a "perfect" guy as he was to me.. I tried so hard. SO SO SO hard to date other guys, but I find the littlesstttttt thing about them and I get turned off. And then guys I think I like, I don't deserve... It's ridiculous, I don't know....
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Re: It's been 6 months now, what is WRONG with me!?

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Don't feel at all guilty or strange for not being able to get him off your mind. He was a big big part of your life, for a year. That's not something that just goes away quickly. And as to why you feel like you'd want him back - even though he treated you like crap, there was a certain security in that. It was constant, in the sense that even though you weren't being treated well, he was still always there. Sometimes it feels safer to be in a relationship, even if it's a crappy one, and know you can always count on it than to be alone.

You're in a (relatively) new and scary situation. You need, I think, to just take some time to yourself and find out who you are on your own, not just who you are when you're with someone else and with someone else telling you who you are. If that makes any sense.

And don't for a second think that you don't deserve a good guy. A lot of that, I'd guess, is remnants from the relationship you'd been in. So if I were you, i'd just try to take some time to be alone and really figure out what I wanted.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Pink123
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: It's been 6 months now, what is WRONG with me!?

Post by Pink123 »

Thank you for the advice :) [and for reading that like novel lol]

but I don't know .. 6 months? I've had friends who have been in relationships just as long if not a little longer and they got over it withtin 2 or 3 months.. so maybe that's why I'm thinking by 6 months I souldn't still be feeling that way?
[CENTER].[/CENTER]