Should I Stay, Or should I go?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

rockerchick
Loyal

Should I Stay, Or should I go?

Post by rockerchick »

Ok, so, this is my first time back to this site in a while, but I don't know where else to go, and I was hoping my old anonymous friends here could help me out.

So, I've been dating my boyfriend for over 4 years now. And, as shallow as this sounds, I think i've become completely unattracted to him. I still love and care for him deeply, but he doesn't seem to want to impress me anymore. We've seriously become an old married couple, and we're not even married yet, and I'm sick of it. I've started noticing other men now. Like, when i was madly in love with my bf i didn't even see other guys, even the attractive ones, but now, there's this one guy in particular who reminds me of the way my bf used to be. He's attractive, and fit, and fun to hang around with. My bf has gotten fat, lazy, and his idea of fun now is to embarrass me in front of our friends. I have talked to him about this, but he doesn't seem to get it. One thing I'm very proud of in our relationship is our comunication. We've always been able to talk about ANYTHING. But, how do i tell him that he's turning me off and i'm starting to look at other guys in a relationship way? Am I just being shallow? Should i suck it up and stay with him? I really just don't know what to do anymore, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sometimes you're the dog...sometimes you're the hydrant

~*~Katie~*~
FranklinF
Veteran

Re: Should I Stay, Or should I go?

Post by FranklinF »

end it you are 20 no need to feel trapped by a relationship, and end up hurting both of you even more, you had a good run but it just sounds like its time
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

LostMySanity - totally agree
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

I agree as well....you're young, there's no reason to stay stuck in a relationship that you no longer enjoy. Plus, it's not fair to the other party. So I'd say end it, as hard as that can be. that way, both of you can move on.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

yes yes i am a genius

They edit your thinking.

[/center]
rockerchick
Loyal

Post by rockerchick »

you guys are probably right, but he's my best friend and i love him so much. I just can't shake the idea that this may just be a phase. :(
Sometimes you're the dog...sometimes you're the hydrant

~*~Katie~*~
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

you can still be friends after wards but there is no point in labeling your self as his girl friend if you feel like being else where

They edit your thinking.

[/center]
hediedforme89

Post by hediedforme89 »

hey i know this is probably an old post, but i COMPLETELY understand what you're going through. me and my boyfriend of three years just broke up sunday night (three days ago now) because just wasn't attracted to him in that way... yea i figured it was a phase for a long time because i had done that before, looking at other guys, wondering the possibilitys.. but i finally said it was enough and started looking out for myself instead of thinking i was obligated to him... i think you should do the same, but don't just take my advice listen to your heart! <3