Driving situation with gf

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CausticTears
Veteran

Driving situation with gf

Post by CausticTears »

Hello,

I just need some quick advice, if possible.

My gf lives about 25 minutes away and she lives on her own (I live with my mom so I cant have her sleep over). I am always driving her place to just hang out for the day or sometimes sleep over. She hardly drives to where I live. She's driving down tonight because she is invited to my friend's party. But other than that, she doesn't drive down here to hang out.

I asked her to drive me home with her tonight and drive me back down tomorrow or something. She's done this a few times and I felt great about it. I felt like she was giving some effort and caring about the fact I always drove down there. She refused to this time and said it was a waste of time and gas. She also said that if she was able to sleep over, she'd be down here more often. *shrugs*

Do I stand my ground and not drive down there til she drives me? Or agree with her? It's not like I always ask for this, I just think it should occur sometimes. It doesn't seem fair to me
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Re: Driving situation with gf

Post by Barbies are Evil »

if it doesn't seem fair to you, then you guys should talk about it.......a relationship is a two way street.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I do not know the details of your situation completely - does she have her own car? Do you? Who's paying for gas? - But, in my opinion, if you and her want to spend time with eachother, it would be fair if you both compromise and come to an agreement as to who comes to visit whom and how.

You shouldn't have to be driving to her all the time. And she shouldn't have to be driving you there and back all the time (for her to drive to pick you up, take you to her house, then drop you off at home and then go to her house again is 4 trips). Have it so that, if she's the one driving all the time, you help cover her gas expenses.

It is also an issue of...is the time you spend together solely sleep overs? How about just going out on a date in your area? Do you have to sleep over at her house afterwards? Maybe the 4-way trip is exhausting for her. Some nights, just have to make a 2-way trip.

That's just my opinion anyway. Hope this helped.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

If it feels unfair to you, maybe you guys can even it out in other ways...Like maybe you drive...and she buys you dinner once in a while? If you don't mind doing it and it's not an actual problem, then personally I would just let it fly, as long as you don't feel like you're being taken advantage of
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Just from what you've said - I would say that you need to have a serious talk. Tell her what you told us. You sholdn't be the one to always provide everything. She needs to help you too. It shouldn't be a waste of time or gas if she gets to spendtime ith you - wouldn't you think? but - if you think about it - she'd have to drive down there pick you up, drive back down there to drop you off and driv herself back - It's takes moe for her to do that than for you to drive up there yourself and i think that's where she is coming from. Maybe she can drive down in the morning, spend the whole day with you and go back at night. Maybe try something like that?
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!