Worrywart in a relationship

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Michie
Veteran

Worrywart in a relationship

Post by Michie »

I've been with someone for 5 months now, and yesterday I felt a really bad surge of 'cold feet.'

I'm not sure what's going on. He's a great guy, nice, sociable, funny, caring, but for some reason I'm feeling as though I don't really care for him the way he does me. I mean, two months ago we exchanged "I love yous" and I felt the elation that comes with that...but I'm no good in relationships, and I'm a worry-wart, so any feelings of apprehension turn into a gigantic fireball.

I don't know sometimes, if I'm not interested in sexual activities (or even making out) because my hormones are down, or because I'm actually not interested. I don't know why, when we kiss sometimes, I catch myself thinking, or I feel like it's a 'chore' that I have to do. I don't know why, for the past little while, I feel like our relationship has gotten stale. And I don't know if I'm just in a relationship because I truly like the guy or if I just don't want to be alone.

How can I shake this?
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Re: Worrywart in a relationship

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Why not talk to him about it? It may be hurtful, but isn't it better to be honest?
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Talk to him about it, try to change things up a little, try new things, and if al else fails, maybe take a break? For me, it would be better to take a break than to keep on in a relationship where everything feels like a chore. It doesn't sound fair to either of you.

As was said above, try talking to him - it's better than going on doing nothing.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Summer08
Loyal

Post by Summer08 »

How much time do you spend with your boyfriend? Do you feel like you always have to be together? If that's the case, take some time to reconnect with your friends without him around and take time to do the things that you used to enjoy on your own. Maybe bring him into your interests and ask him to take you to do something that he is interested in that is new for you. Take a date night, where you really spend time focusing on each other and your relationship and what is special about it. Most people have doubts at some point, but if it's a constant feeling and you are more often than not bored/uninterested, it may be time to move on. As everyone else said, talk to him about it- maybe he is feeling the same way and you can discuss this and either make it work or break it off without too many hurt feelings. Good luck :).