Lied...

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

jessicar

Lied...

Post by jessicar »

Okay, so its a long and complicated story but here it is:

:eek:

On friday i was supposed to go out with my boyfriend and he told me "after work come pick me up and we'll go out to the beach" so i hurried home to get ready and i took a shower and got dressed to be ready to pick him up.. either way, like 10 minutes before i am about to head out the door he calls me and tells me.. oh i am going to go out to eat with the boys after work. (IM LIKE WASN'T I SUPPOSED TO PICK YOU UP?) i was already ready.. either way i got really angry and told him to forget me even going out with him later on the night. so supposedly he wen to eat with his friends.. and i stayed home. then like at 8 he got back to his house and i asked him what he was going to do (over text msg).. he told me he was going to go play guitar with his friend. so i believed him and i was still angry with him so i sent him messages about how he doesnt appreciate me. (because i literally do EVERYTHING for him) any way, around 10:00pm he told me that his phone had low battery and that it was dying. i belived him and went to sleep. (not without sending more messages about him being an asshole..)

the next morning saturday, he calls me and tells me oh lets go out to the beach.. and since i was still angry with him.. i said no. either way about an hr. later i gave in (because i always do!!!!) and went with him to the beach.. while we were at the beach his brothers girlfriend had invited a girl that i dont like because my boyfriend had flirted with her when we had broken up for a few weeks... (the girl kept starring at me the whole day and night i felt awkward :/ and kind of dumb)..

later on in the night i asked him.. "so what did u do when ur phone turned off last night?" and he told me that he didnt do anything because his friend had to work early and he dropped him off at home at like 12." SO I BELIEVED HIM. i got a little distracted when for one second i heard his brothers gf say " u got home at 4 last night?" and he ignored the question.. so I didn't really take notice to it.

whatever the night ended okay.. and i went home.

then, sunday on mothers day i went to his house to give his mother a mothers day gift i had bought her. i stayed with him a while and then we went out to eat. when we came back from eating he went to the bathroom while i was alone in his room.. of course curiosity gave in.. and i did a bad thing. i grabbed his phone and decided to go thru the messages.. ( i know i shouldnt have..) i looked thru his inbox & outbox ...and nothing too weird aside from some of his friends telling him to go on friday to some party.. but he had said he was busy and couldnt. THEN, i looked thru his deleted messages and apparently he had forgotten to erase them.. all of the messages are from friday.. him asking almost everyone he knows what to do and where to go on friday night.. and i see some saying.. lets go to a club.. lets go to the beach.. lets go to a strip club... then messages he sent saying that he was on his way to the strip club and that he was going with his friend and that he was goig to a club after too. .. all these messages were timed = 2.30am 3.10am, and the last one at like 4:30am.

----BUT WAIT- WASN'T HIS PHONE OFF BY 10:00PM?? WASNT HE SUPPOSEDLY HOME BY 12??? DIDNT HE SAY HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING BUT PLAY MUSIC???----

yeah, he lied. how many lies? idk but a hell of a lot of times.

so i got up. and left. didnt say anything just left.

what do u guys think? i broke up with him. give me some help! this is really bad right? if i caught him this time imagine all the times i havent caught him.. and theres no talking to him. he doesnt take me serious anymore. he thinks he can step all over me becuz i always take him back! helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp:confused::confused::confused:
FranklinF
Veteran

Re: Lied...

Post by FranklinF »

ok what we think and what you feel is best for you could be two different things. I believe you feel you are right and that is all that matters. If he had said before he made plans with you that he was going to the strip club would you have been mad? if you feel like you are at the end of the ropes with him dont take him back, if you feel like you still want to be with him make ground rules like no breaking dates last minute unless there is like something really going on.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Sounds like this isn't the first time you've broken off the relationship with him, and it also sounds like he doesn't respect you. I think you did the right thing and this time DON'T TAKE HIM BACK. Stand up for yourself. I know it is rough but there are better guys out there. It will hurt, but you are better off.

You don't need anyone like that, keep your chin up and stand up for what you did. You did the right thing.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

I totally agree with Cindy here. Like you said, if you had to catch his lie this time.. imagine how many other times he has lied and you have never found out. Save yourself the trouble and more pain by keeping this break up as permanent. You deserve someone who will respect you and be honest with you.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
helena

Post by helena »

Well, you were sort of mad at him and he probably was mad at you so I would try to keep that in perspective. He did lie though, but if he had known you were going to react like this I sort of think he was in the right.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

[quote name='helena;499149']Well, you were sort of mad at him and he probably was mad at you so I would try to keep that in perspective. He did lie though, but if he had known you were going to react like this I sort of think he was in the right.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but lying about going to a strip club isn't OK at all. I could care less if my guy goes to a strip club, in fact I'd be next to him paying the strippers to give him lap dances. Honesty is the key to a relationship working. If he didn't want her to go with, he should have told her BUT since there was already plans made for him to be with her that night, then he should have stuck with his plans with her like a good guy would.

All he showed that night was his buds were more important then she is and that he'll lie to hide things that if he would have honestly told her it would have been less of an issue then lying.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
helena

Post by helena »

She did tell him not to count on seeing her the rest of the night so should he stay home? I don't blame him for lying to her, especially when she told him not to count on seeing her and refused to go to the beach the next day when he offered. Yes he shouldn't have broken plans, but she shouldn't hold it against him or be petty like that. Plus she did go through his phone.