Age Difference.......

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

LovelyFool
Loyal

Age Difference.......

Post by LovelyFool »

Hey well I'm goin to NC for the summer and I was hoping to see this guy while I'm there..I was thinkin about hookin up -just a date or something..with this guy up there that I know. I'm going to be 17 in 2 days...and I think he is 23 or 24..is that bad?? I don't plan on doing anything with him or anything like that, just go out or something...am I set for disaster??

Courtney
;)
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?"I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiled even when her heart was broken. The one who would brighten your day, even if she couldn't brighten her own."?</td</tr</table<span class='signature'
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Age Difference.......

Post by junglemonkey »

I don't believe in age difference being a bad thing if the feeling is there. I've been out with guys who were, at the time, 4 years older than me. I liked them a lot, so I thought it was all cool. I don't see what the big deal is unless they are treating you wrong and preying on you in a paedophile kinda thing. I say go for it if you both like each other ;) Make sure you know him and trust him first though :)
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
LovelyFool
Loyal

Post by LovelyFool »

Yea..well I don't know him very well..I think that may be a problem...but I want to get to know him....I've talked to him a few times when I was up there, but its just in the halls when we get a chance to when we are working...I dunno-guess we will see..
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'?"I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiled even when her heart was broken. The one who would brighten your day, even if she couldn't brighten her own."?</td</tr</table<span class='signature'
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

By all means get to know the guy, I mean, thats how relationships start right? But just be vigilant. If you have met him before then you're probably ok.

All it comes down to is your comfort, if you think you're ok with it, by all means :)
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

I only believe in age differences to a certain extent. If it is like a 20-30 year old going out with like a 12 year old I would be worried. But because you are 17 and he is only 24 then thats fine.

Age is just a number - if you like the guy and he likes you then why not? ;)

Good luck darling,

~ Keli xxx
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

well the law is that since ur 17 - u need parental acknowledgment of u going out with this guy who is 24

if u were 18 then ur clean,

but yea i dont have any problem, but what i really dont get is why a 24 year old looking for someone 7 years younger, can he not get a girl in his own age group?
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Age difference is something which shouldn't be a problem within relationships. If neither of you has a problem with it, go for it!
itcanhappentoanyone
Loyal

Post by itcanhappentoanyone »

ohk my friend is 15 and her bf is like 28 and though it is a big age difference and i dont think i would personally do that i support her 150% he makes her happy and i have never seen her this happy and well as far as i am concerned all that really matters in the long run is weather or not she is happy and he treats her good so if you really wanna get to know this guy then i say go for it and if anyone has a problem tell em that their opinion doesnt matter because what it all comes down too is what you think and how the relationship makes you feel

chow

-andy-
bbshotgun_03
Loyal

Post by bbshotgun_03 »

Well, in my opinion, I don't think age matters. Well, to a certain degree. If you're 13 and going out with a 38 year old, that's kinda gross. But, once you're old enough to make your own decisions about who you want to be with, age really doesn't matter. I would just be careful though. Just keep in mind that you are only 17 and he's 23/24. Other than that, I hope you have fun!
<span style='font-family:Optima'It's all fun -n- games til someone losses an eye!" -James Hetfield, Metallica

~Brandy
LovelyFool
Loyal

Post by LovelyFool »

Hehe thanks guys! I hope I do get to know him-maybe we won't go out on a date or anything-but I do hope to get to know him better! He seems really cool so we will see!
latinvoo4u
Loyal

Post by latinvoo4u »

i dotn think that would b a problem.. i mean i would understand if he was like 50.. but its all on love or even if you like the guy i think
melissahotg
Loyal

Post by melissahotg »