What The Hell?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Hammurabi
Loyal

What The Hell?

Post by Hammurabi »

Heres a series of emails between me and a really good friend. I want us to be more than friends, and she just seems confused. She's really emotionally unstable.

Almond <her wrote:

David~

Hi. I don't really know how to say this...but I kinda feel like we're rushing into this. I mean, I don't really know if I do want to actually go out. At least, not right now. Cuz the way I see it, if we go out, then eventually we've got to break up....and that would really hurt us both...and I don't want to hurt you. So, maybe its better if we're just close friends...not actually a couple. We can still do stuff together... And, I'm kinda starting to like the group date thing...that way we can go out without the "go out" crap.... I guess I just need a little distance and some time to sort things through. I really really like you, David. I just don't want to hurt you.

----------------------------------------------

David <me wrote:

I still don't understand. What it feels like to me is you're just giving up on everything. I can understand things might never work out between us, but it seems like you're not even giving it a chance. You have to risk things from time to time. Otherwise you're just not really living. I know this is thinking way too far ahead, but you have to let yourself go sometime. If you just go through life avoiding pain you probably never will have that "church type love" or any other permanent relationship. I can understand if you fall in love and that happens with someone other than me, but you have to let yourself stop being so insecure. It's killing us both.

I can't just stop loving you out of convenience. If there was some way we could both just get on with our lives I would do it. I could pretend everything is all right and I'm happy just being your friend, but that would be lying to you and that's about the last thing I want to do.

I'm sorry if I'm being too pushy, but I honestly think things could work out between us. I'm not going to suddenly stop thinking you're beautiful just because I'm going to see you less next year.

Please let me know if I'm making this hard for you or just dragging out something that's not meant to be, but I need you to think about giving us a chance. Right now I really need someone to be close to.

--------------------------------------

David

Maybe it could work...I don't know...just really scared (for lack of a better word)...Most everybody I've ever known has either ditched me, moved, died...stuff just doesn't seem to work out permantly for me. Nothing is forever. No one ever stays...

I'll try, okay? But its hard, really hard... no one 'cept my mom has ever said they loved me...it's weird....i don't understand it...I really like you, honestly...I just don't know how to...I dunno...just really insecure...I'm sorry....

I need to go...talk soon..

Almond

------------------------------

Anyone want to try to make some sense of some of those incomplete thoughts? Like what doesn't she know how to do?
Look...there's blood under that bridge...

(angst=ambience)
Gambit006
Loyal

Re: What The Hell?

Post by Gambit006 »

shes scared basically, like she said. she doesnt want to get hurt, but i think she does want a relationship. talk it over with her and explain to her that you'd never ever mean to hurt her, and something you just have to take chances.
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

xoxo Catherine

My Diary
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Re: What The Hell?

Post by CuteLilChk »

That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young