Should I?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

acabarguy
Loyal

Should I?

Post by acabarguy »

Heres my question. There is this girl whom I have really bonded with over the past year. We have had many ranges of closeness and seperation, but nothing that I would really call a true boyfriend girlfriend relationship. In the past few months, we have been seperated. She went to prom with another guy, etc. Now, she is leaving to college in less than a month, but in the fast few weeks, we have (or at least I have felt), we have gotten closer. Im feeling like I want to spend as much time with her as possible, but she keeps telling me that she has lots of stuff to do and is going to be very busy. Should I try to go after her, or just leave it alone? I find myself thinking about her a lot, but now (or in the next week or so) wont get a good chance to meet with her. Can I have advice? Sometimes I get the feeling that she doesnt like me that much, but another side of me feels that if somethings going to happen, it needs to happen now. Thanks for hearing me out.
Just smile... even if thats the opposite of what you feel; just smile.
kinipela :)
Loyal

Re: Should I?

Post by kinipela :) »

It sounds like you've got a lot of things running through your mind .

I wouldn't necessarily put myself in a position that gives me only two options. You shouldn't run after her, but you shouldn't forget her. I think you should find a way to get her to open up to you, so that you could have an understanding of her opinions towards the situation, and her feelings towards you. It sounds like you really don't know what she thinks, and that's totally ok. That happens a lot actually. It's all a matter of communication. She should know all of these things that you feel about her, and you obviously need to know what goes through her mind when she sees your face, or hears your name. I think the best way to do that is to write her a letter, explaining everything that's going through your mind. Explain to her that you need some kind of a closure on this situation. Tell her about your feelings for her, and tell her that you realize that there could be a risk of making matters worse, but despite that, you're still willing to take the risk. The letter would be like, your opportunity to put it in front of her. Since time is running short, this is the time to take a chance, you know? It's like, you're doing your part of the dance, and you're leaving the rest in her hands.

There is the risk that things won't turn out so well, but if you take the chance, then knowing that you tried will help your emotions settle. You won't have to live asking yourself "what if...?". There are probably other ways to do this than a letter. You sit her down and talk to her face to face, but I find that hard because sometimes you forget to say what you need to say when standing face to face with someone who's reactions mean so much to you. If you take the time to write a letter, you could read it to yourself, and edit it, and add what you need to, and take out anything that could be confusing.

Anyway, I think I'll stop the rambling now. Good luck!

rain will make the flowers grow

journal