She Doesn't Notice Me...

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

taintedl0ve
Loyal

She Doesn't Notice Me...

Post by taintedl0ve »

My mom is one of those moms who cares more about her laptop than her own daughter. She used to be my best friend, I could talk to her all the time anytime about anything. Then she got a laptop, and it was like it was her new child. When I try to talk to her, she listens, but only for one or two minutes and then by then I either already got the point that she's not listening by myself or she just says something like "Yea yea yea..." to make sure I get the point and then I just leave. The worst part is, her laptop obsession has nothing to do with work. She's just obsessed with the internet. before she got her laptop, she used to hate how I was always on the internet and she would always be reading a book. Now she's constantly on her laptop when she's at home, and she doesn't have time for anyone. It just pisses me off, I wish that for ONE day she could listen to me and hear what I'm REALLY saying.

I was talking to my dad and well...here's pretty much our convorsation"

dad: "what are you going to do with your birthday money."

me: "I'm going to buy agressive inline skates."

dad: "what are they?"

me: "Have you ever seen skateboarders do tricks? Well I'm going to learn tricks like that, only with my skates. But I can't do the tricks with regular rollerblades, so I have to get these inline skates."

dad: -laughs- "You're seriously going to try and learn to do those tricks???"

me: "Um..yea, I'm going to try, what, you don't think I can do it?"

My dad just walked away kind of sighing.

I wish he could just believe in me for once. He would never believe in me and never support me unless it was something that required absolutley no skill because he obviously doesn't think I can do anything skillful. Ugh! Whatever, I'll show that a**hole.
I am watching your chest rise and fall

like the tides of my life,

and the rest of it all

and your bones have been my bedframe

and your flesh has been my pillow

I am waiting for sleep

to offer up the deed

with both hands
~*~BabyGurl~*~
Loyal

Re: She Doesn't Notice Me...

Post by ~*~BabyGurl~*~ »

Hi hunny maybe u should try to get ur moms attention show her that u really need her as a mom and ur dad ask him y he never belives in u see what he says it may just be a big missunderstanding
chsgirlie2007
Loyal

Post by chsgirlie2007 »

You need to talk to both of your parents. Wait till your mom is alone...cooking supper, doing laundry, ect. Or even when you are in the car with her alone. And tell her that you feel that she has no time for you anymore. Just tell her all of your feelings! She needs to know how she is making you feel. She could be so caught up in this laptop that she doesn't even relize how she has changed her attitude towards you. OR if you don't think talking to her would do much good then write her a letter and leave it in her car or by or bed. And as far as your dad goes you need to catch him alone or write him a letter tellin him how it hurts you that he never believes in you! Tell him that you would really love to have his support in things. If you need to talk...PM me

Sarah
Before I met you I never knew what it was like to just look at someone and smile for no reason.

I wanna be remembered as the girl who always smiles, even when her heart is broken and the one who could always brighten up your day even if she couldn't brighten up her own.
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

Why don't you send your mom an e-mail telling her to pay attention to you.

She'll probably read it,
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
publicpunkperson
Loyal

Post by publicpunkperson »

All i can say about your mom is be upfront with her and tell her everything you have told us, also ask if she can look at you while you saying this opposed to the computer screen. As for you dad you could ask him or just prove to him that you can do anything you set your mind to and prove him wrong.
earth is the insane asylum of the universe