Aunt Wants To Come On College Trip

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

coolaid

Aunt Wants To Come On College Trip

Post by coolaid »

Okay my Aunt over the last year has been very busy with her restaurant/ restaurant failure. ANd over the last year my parents have been crazy. Well I found out that my aunts were always gossiping about me and it really pissed me off. So whenever we had a family party I always ignored them.

This October I'm supposed to go with my cousin to visit a college to tour it. Well my aunt out of nowhere calls to ask us if we want her to come to. Well I haven't spoken to my Aunt in like 6-8 months. She has not said sorry or anything.

SHould I just let her come and try and get along? I thought that it took guts to call us and ask us if we needed help and all.

I don't know.

:wacko:
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: Aunt Wants To Come On College Trip

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I think I would... why not right. Maybe she is trying like in a way to apologise. Don't try to ignore someone for a really long time esp. family becuase u never know how long u are going to have with them and what is going to happen. If u just got over what ever they did that made u mad in the first place then u would be alot happier and u could go back to having that person be there for u. Good Luck, Mandy
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

At the end of the day, you are right, it DID take a lot of guts for her to ring up and speak to you. Its the first step in building bridges, and you have to admire her for it. (I know she hasn't apologised yet, but its very hard to apologise sometimes, so at least she is making the effort).

Give her a second chance. Speak to her. See if shes changed, and is willing to help and support you.

Try and get along with her, I'm sure it would mean alot to her. If you cant get along with her, try and talk through your problems, rather than leaving it for so long without speaking again.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well i mean if u honestly think shes gonna ruin the whole visiting expereince than dont have her come but this may be a chance to patch up some of those holes...
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea