Friends At School

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Little Lost Girl
Loyal

Friends At School

Post by Little Lost Girl »

I don't know what to do right now, and I need help. I just feel so alone. Almost everyone in my school is part of some group or clique, and I'm just...no one. I'm not part of any of those groups, people sometimes yell and pick on me for now reason, and then there's the worst part. At least once every year, I get put in a class (most of the time an enhancement) where I'm not friends with anyone. When the teacher assigns group projects, I'll just work alone. It's embarrassing. So embarrrassing that I can't even tell my own family. I have a few friends, but only one really close one. I cry myself to sleep sometimes, and it's gotten to the point where I'd just rather stay in my room and sleep all day than go to school. I've tried talking to the counsellor, but she's a total airhead so it never helps. She usually just tells me that it'll all be over soon and gives me a pass for my next class. What can I do? :'(
<span style=\'color:gray\'"Don't be afraid to cry...it's in crying that our spirit is reborn."
uruj316
Loyal

Re: Friends At School

Post by uruj316 »

i think all u really need are the few friends u have and the one close u have because it's very hard to find true friends. but i think that since u don't have classes with them, that u should try to become friendly with other people. like try to find something in common with anyone. maybe i am idealistic, but i don't think it's about the group u are part of but if u can get along with the people u hang out with. talk to the person sitting next to u or behind u about the class and then ur freindship will grow from there. i hope i helped. good luck with everything...if u ever need anything, then u can im or pm me.
hey i'm pleading

my soul is bleeding

i don't want to be left alone

not when i'm right next to you

and are you thinking

it's so misleading

i don't want to be left alone

not when i'm right next to you

"Claire! Claire! my condolences! that sounds like a fat girls name."
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

i think your too worried about being popular, just be happy you have the few good friends, good friends are hard to come by...:hug:
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

i kinda know how that feels...i've been in classes where i'm not really friends w/ ne one in the class...is there ne one else thats kinda a loner like you are? you should try to talk to the other people in the class who are quiet like you are...i'm sure you're a very nice person, some people are just shy...good luck hun

*andi*
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
Pink6
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by Pink6 »

Have you ever though of joining a club or a group? You will meet plenty of new people. It's hard to meet people if you are shy. If you open up to them then they will open up to you.
Little Lost Girl
Loyal

Post by Little Lost Girl »

Thanks so much everyone. You really made me feel better. You've been so helpful. :)
<span style=\'color:gray\'"Don't be afraid to cry...it's in crying that our spirit is reborn."
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I understand totally where you are coming from. I am one who is used to always be to myself, and I am still sorta that way. I have learned that you have to open up to some people and be "Casual Friends" with them. I have a few "True" friends that are really close to me, one or two to be exact, and I have a group of "closer than the rest" friends, but mainly I have "Casual" friends, you know people you say hi to, work on projects with, and talk to every now and them, maybe eat lunch with them.

I think you should just maybe open up a little more, join a few clubs ( as previously stated), and maybe find a group of people you have alot in common with. I am sure there is a group of people in your area that are interested in at least one thing that you are interested in.

-Best of luck

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Its okay- and i can tell that i DONT like the people who make fun of you- I really dislike people who pick on others for NO reason. Don't worry- I'm positive you're MUCh better than them, and a MUCH cooler person.

Everyone's been in your situation- well, mostly everyone. Where the dreaded "get in groups!" topic comes up- even if people have many friends in the class- theres always one to be excluded and feel just as bad as you feel- and be just as embaressed. You know that one close friend you have? Talk to her. Does she have other friends than you? if so... do things with THEM.. and those other few friend.. build a better friendship- maybe call them to "get homework" but really just go off topic- and talk for a while. You have a start. From here its not so hard- don't give up though.. making friends CAN be a tough thing- don't worry- not all the time

:) :hug:
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"