Help!

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

ashbash
Loyal

Help!

Post by ashbash »

One of my really good friends is really depressed. I've tried to help her (cuz i've been thru it before) and it was working for a while. I got her to tell an adult (who didn't do n e thing about it) and everything, but then we got into a little argument.

Now she refuses to tell ANYONE ANYTHING about what's wrong or what she's going through cuz she's afraid everyone will hate her or they'll get into a fight. She gets mad at me whenever I tell her that I want to know what's wrong because I want to help. She tells me I should stop caring and that everything will be fine because she'll just pretend to be happy and no one will know how sad she really is. She tells me that she'll just do what she's done before (hurt herself) because it gets her mind off of everything else.

I dont know what to do n e more and I'm afraid she'll do something even worse to herself. Any ideas or anything??? :(
rosiegirl06
Loyal

Re: Help!

Post by rosiegirl06 »

You shouldn't stop caring about her but you can't make her do anything that she doesn't want to. All you can do is let her know that you are there for her no matter what happens and encourage her to talk about how she feels and get help.
Not all who wander are lost.

Never be someone's slogan, because you are poetry.

I'm a wild and an untamed thing

I'm a bee with a deadly sting

You get a hit and your mind goes ping

Your heart'll pump and your blood will sing

So let the party and the sounds rock on

We're gonna shake it 'till the life has gone

Rose tint my world

Keep me safe from my trouble and pain
OurLadyOfSorrows
Needs Another Hobby

Post by OurLadyOfSorrows »

Obviously she's feeling pretty down at the moment but consistency is always a good thing in these situations. If you give up on her now then she'll most likely feel even worse so just stick by her no matter what she throws at you because chances are she needs you just as much as you think she does.
I can resist everything except temptation - Silverstein
keepit4reals

Post by keepit4reals »

don't give up on her. I have a couple friends like this, and it seems like whenever I'm met with hostility or whenever they tell me to just stop caring, they're actually looking for me to do the opposite- they want me to reinforce my relationship with them, show them how much i care. it's like they need proof, or reassurance that I'm going to be there for them. So don't give up. keep letting your friend know that you are there, that you love them, that you want to talk with them. if you get worried that they're going to commit suicide or something, don't be afraid to tell an adult, even if you know they'll be mad at you. do whatever it takes to help.
myself and my own true strength

and I'm never gonna let it slip away.