I Never Help?

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Doug
Veteran

I Never Help?

Post by Doug »

Alright, so, I'm in Staples with my mom and my little brother and we're at the checkout. They're bagging everything and my brother is standing by the bags and my mom says "Doug, get the bags." Now, I believe it's pointless because my bro's standing right there and I tell him to get the bags, which he does without a problem. Then, we go to the video store because my brother wants to rent a video game. I ask my mom to leave the car on because I wanted to stay there and it wouldn't take them very long. She makes some bitchy comment about saving money on her way out! Then, when I ask her what's wrong, she goes into this tirade about how everything she hears from me is "no," but she can only come up with two examples of when I said no, which are that I didn't want to head outside yesterday, and then when I didn't grab the bags!

She says that I never want to help out with anything and that unless it benefits me, I don't do it, which is complete bullshit! I go to a catholic church every sunday for her, I clean the house for her, I clean up after the pets and after my family (including her) for her, I go out to dinner with my family when they decide they want to. I don't WANT to do any of those things, but I do them anyway to be nice. Then, she has the fucking nerve to tell me that I don't do anything for them!! :furious: :furious: ARG!! Yeah, I say no once in a while, I'm not going to agree to do everything she wants!

I don't know what to fucking do, but I just wanted to rant. So, if you read it all, thanks. I don't know what's going on, I just had to get it off my chest.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: I Never Help?

Post by Shwynsh »

Agh, I know what you mean, and I know how frusterating that can be... when you feel like you do SO much then get yelled at for not doing enough...

Just try not to get mad at your mom when she yells at you- even though I know that can be SO HARD- if you get mad she'll probably get more angry, and even though it's unfair, she IS "the mom" the authority figure with the last word.

Hope it works out for you...and I do hope that you feel better after ranting as well.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Maybe yesterday she was just in a bad mood. Parents say stuff in a bad mood. Like Anna said, don't get mad at her, if you start screaming and yelling at her, she will think you're just immature. So just try and bite your tongue, okay?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Heh, it was actually today an hour or two before I wrote that. Yeah, I had to bite my tounge. I guess it's all just coming up because she's been acting like a bitch the last 6 months about everything. It's like she's trying to make my life as bad as she possibly can before I go to college, like she doesn't want me to want to come back. Guess she'll get her wish a month from now.

Doug
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Aww dough dont say that!... She just doesnt undertand... I mean maybe when you said for your bro to get it you kight have souded stubburn? Shes not trying to make your life hard, shes a parent and expects help from you. As you said you do help her a lot even tho you dont want to always... Are you sure you dont give attitude though? If not and you just think shes doing it just to do it , then why not trying to talk to her and telling her that u do help a lot and seomtimes you dont want to but you do and once in awhile you juts get sick of it?Have you thought she might be in some stress right now and taking if out on you? I think you need to have a chat with her.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Ugh, we had a great relationship until after last christmas. My attitude hasn't changed since then, I'm still the same person I was then. But, she suddenly started bitchin at me about every little thing. I tried talking to her about it a couple of times and she went into this rant about how she works and has meetings and makes the money and how I shouldn't be questioning her. Then she interrupts me and, when I try to get a word in, she says "Let me finish what I'm saying!" Even my dad, who I completely detest and have no respect for (but that's another, very long story), has seen it and commented on it. So, I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Doug
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Okay so like I said she just might be going through a hard time in her life if its about work, or whatever and you dont know about it... I mean Im not going to say just stick through it cause that isnt fair, I still think you should talk to her again and next time she says let me finish LET HER FINISH! I know its hard because im the same way... I want to get my story in first and when she says soemthing think isnt right or im gainast I want to go into my side but i htink you should listen to her reasons more and tell her you dont want to yell you just want to talk.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

That's the problem, I do listen, but she doesn't listen to me. I can never get my side in because she's always interrupting me. Forget it, this is just making me more unhappy, will a mod close this please?

Doug
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Maybe shes on her menopause? Usually when women are having it, they can be quite snappy, or cheerful. Or she may be going through a tough time. If you had a good relationship before, its probably something like a bad time making her like this. It could also be that you're getting older and its scaring her?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

I wouldnt worry about it hun, just start counting, maybe shes just scared you are her little boy, and your leaving. i would be scared too. :hug: im sorry!
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.