My Parents Dont Trust Me

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

lonlyangel7
Loyal

My Parents Dont Trust Me

Post by lonlyangel7 »

Everytime I try to hang out with my friends my parents wont let me...all because i've screwed up in the past...they didnt want me to see my boyfriend (they didnt know he was my boyfriend...they thought we were just friends) all because he was black...well i thought that was gay so i would find ways to see him outside of school well my parents found out and i got in a lot of trouble...i screwed up going behind my parents back and lieing to them yea i understand that but i've turned into a different person...but they still wont let me do anything...no matter what i do its like they always think i'm that girl that screwed up...i just dont know how to show them i've changed...
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: My Parents Dont Trust Me

Post by Shwynsh »

Well, you did screw up, and theres nothing specifically you can do to make them automatically trust you. Trust takes time. That's all there is to it. You have to MAKE them be able to trust you just by being the 'perfect' child- do whatever they say, help out, just be a good kid. I'm not saying this will automatically make it happen, but it will sure help, even if they don't show it. You just have to pay the consequences... this will go away soon enough. It's just one more thing in life we all have to deal with.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Hello.

Okay I think you should talk to your mom and tell her you know what you did was wrong and shouldnt have done what you did. Also tell her you are changing for the better and you need her to have trust in you because it hurts you a lot for her to think your the kid you used to be.

Also maybe try way to gain her trust by telling her what you are doing in your life. Meaning everyday activitys. Also hang out with her more, have mother and daughter talks and get closer to her so she will understand you and she will have more trust in you.

Good Luck.
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

Well,I think you should have told them what you have done before things got really deep.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Well, like Anna said, trust takes time. And you lost that trust when you screwed up.So try acting mature and do what they tell you to do. IF they tell you that you have to be at home by 9pm, then be home by 9. Be adult, don't throw paddy's if they tell you to do something, and you start arguing with them. Act really mature, and if something annoys you, tell them calmly and talk about it minus shouting.Hopefully, you'll gain their trust again.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
linds*07
Loyal

Post by linds*07 »

just do a lot of ass kissing and do the simple things that they want u to do...when they ass for something ot be done do it...they'll realize that u can be trusted once again.

good luck

linds
I sit alone in darkness

and peer into the world

i wonder what has happened

that made this so ubsurd

i know the times have changed

and all the people too

but now im lost among them

with nothing left to do

i cant say what i want to

for my words they wont accept

my sanity has been fading

and hope is all thats left

theres no one there to guide me

and i cant see through the pain

i grab the knife secretly

and cut away at my vein

the one that matters most

that makes the blood flow through

i watch it all drain slowly

and remember what is true

the people stepping around me

didnt care at all

so now as im dying

I'm obeying the satanic call.

-my mind. =(
lonlyangel7
Loyal

Post by lonlyangel7 »

i know i screwed up...and i've told them that i know what i did was wrong...and i do tell them everything i do...i call them everytime i'm going somewhere besides the place i tell them to be and i dont really have a cerfew but i get home at 12 and if i'm going to be late then i call and tell them...my parents never trusted me...even before i did what i did...all because of my older brother...he screwed up with drugs and stuff so they're a lot harder on me and take it out all on me...i try to talk to my mom about stuff but she just doesnt get me
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Like I said before hang out with your mom more and not just to talk about how she needs to understand just to have fun together.