What Do I Do?

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Calliekat

What Do I Do?

Post by Calliekat »

So my mom and I have had problems in the past, mostly because she likes to hover and it annoys me and then she gets mad and yells at me for having "attitude", one time it got so bad that she started slapping me and she spat in my face! so I ran out of the house and she called the police on me and because during our fight I had admitted to feeling suicidal because of her sometimes, she made the cops talk to me about my mental health, but the cops totally agreed with me and told me she sounded like she had a mood disorder or was bipolar. The cops told her that she needs to go to counseling and that she was the one in the wrong, but she still brings it up with me like I was the messed up one. For about two months now we haven't had any problems, no major fights or anything, but now shes exploding on my dad all the time. My dad had cancer a couple years ago and had to have his whole jaw bone removed, and he has an auto immune disease called anklosing spondylitis that means his backs in constant pain. Despite all the hardship he's faced, my dad is the most kind and loving person I have ever met, and he's always smiling and humming and making the best of life. My mom for some reason has been screaming at him and saying horrible, just vicious things like she used to say to me. My problem isn't so much how to deal with what she does/says to me anymore, I grew up fast and learned to treat more as a room mate than any kind of mother figure. My sister who's 17 years older than me told me she went through the same thing with my mom and just to be out of the house as much as possible until I can move out, and that's what I've been doing. But it hurts my heart to hear her verbally abuse my dad like that and she spits on him too. I know it's not my place to get in between them and I don't want her to start yelling at me again too, but how I can I just sit by and do nothing?