Lonely After Coming Out Of Hospital

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Mills

Lonely After Coming Out Of Hospital

Post by Mills »

I have a bone condition and have spent the past 9 weeks in hospital or at home and have been into school only a tiny bit. My friends have moved on with their lives and are going out loads and barely talking to me. It seems that they only want to see me when I can be their wing woman or get them into parties etc.. 2 of them visited me once.. My best friend has barely texted me, and i've found out from another friend that she now has a boyfriend!? Do i talk to them about this or what?
Mibbz

Re: Lonely After Coming Out Of Hospital

Post by Mibbz »

I have had, and still do, issues with keeping, finding, and even proving people to be my friend(s). If not always, a majority of the time the people I think are my friends end up abandoning me to think otherwise. I later find out they've either talked about me behind my back with others I thought were my friends, or secretly just put on a face that led me to believe they ever liked me to begin with. I don't associate with those I know either a.) don't like me, b.) I find annoying and wouldn't want to be friends with, or c.) I know I wouldn't mix well with even if I find myself learning all these things about them and it ends up being that they don't even know my name. I say you confront them on it. If your best friend claims to still be that, and if they promised to be there for you as you have -- as much as you can -- for them, then why is it that doesn't seem to be the case? Hopefully, you'll have luck in repairing and or moving on with your relationships and that your life starts to become cloud 9 instead of rock bottom. <3
Last edited by Mibbz on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eoin_The_Irish_Khajiit
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: Lonely After Coming Out Of Hospital

Post by Eoin_The_Irish_Khajiit »

I can relate to you about the friends being absent. Same thing happens to be from time to time, And it does get lonely. I usually just wait it out. If your best friend has a new boyfriend, That is most likely the reason she has been absent. My best from since 7th grade always forgets about me and his friends every time he gets a new girlfriend. I would probably be a bit open about how you are feeling, like "We haven't hung out in forever, you should come over one of these weekends" Or something to that nature. If they still are absent, I'm not so sure they are great friends anyway. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here.