Family Is Just Disfunctional!

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Lonelygrl4
Loyal

Family Is Just Disfunctional!

Post by Lonelygrl4 »

Ok everyone here is my story. My family and I moved here last year and I am going to a community college...thats a big adjustment in itself. Well, anyway, my mother had been acting weird for the past six months and finally she just picked up and moved out of the house leaving me and my bro. (3 yrs. old) with my stepdad and grandpa. She visits sometimes, but whenever I ask her when she is coming home she changes the subject. I don't know what to do. It's not me I am worried about, but my little bro. She is living with a guy right now and she keeps telling my stepdad that she wants to try and make it work (he doesn't know about the guy), does it sound like it to you? I was already suffering from depression b4 all of this and now it is getting worse. Can someone please tell me how to deal with this? I am trying not to think about it, but it isn't working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :)
"I asked Jesus "How much do you love me?" "This much," he answered. Then he stretched out his arms and died."

"The hardest thing in this world, is to live in it. Be Brave. Live."-Buffy

"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be that we're all ok. And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these. I won't be made useless, I won't be idle with despair. I'll gather myself around my faith. For light does the darkness most fear."-Jewel

"Life's a bitch and then you die!"
clovers88
Loyal

Re: Family Is Just Disfunctional!

Post by clovers88 »

first try and have along talk with your mother about what's going on. if she don't want to maybe you should talk to the guy she is living with he should prob. be able to answer most of your questions because he does live with her. Also, try and explain what's going on to your lil bro. so he isn't so confused. if this don't help any of you maybe you should go and see a family consoler.
why live when there is nothing to live for

why love when no one will love you

why need when you will get nothing

why be when you can't be seen
Lonelygrl4
Loyal

Post by Lonelygrl4 »

I tried talking to her about it...we got into a big argument. I told her she was just thinking about herself, and she agreed that right now she is. I just don't know what her problem is....Ahhhh!
"I asked Jesus "How much do you love me?" "This much," he answered. Then he stretched out his arms and died."

"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be that we're all ok. And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these. I won't be made useless, I won't be idle with despair. I'll gather myself around my faith. For light does the darkness most fear."-Jewel

faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

hmm well ur not laone w/ the whole disfunctional family thing. i have one too. so ur moms cheating on ur dad? be like (to ur dad) was up w/ the guy staying w/ mom? see what he says and that will be a start as to how he will react
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Lonelygrl4
Loyal

Post by Lonelygrl4 »

See, she is cheating on my stepdad. I don't wanna say anything to him because my mom is the only parent I have left and I don't wanna alienate her. Anyways, this is what happened this weekend. My mom said she was going to take my bro(3yrs) to stay with her for a couple of days and I didn't want him to meet this "guy" all by himself, so I went. I met him, my mom wanted me to lie for her if anyone asked who was with us, but I don't feel comfortable doing that. I am sooo in the middle!! I told her I wasn't going to lie, but I wasn't going to say anything either, but the truth is some of my family already knows and the only person who doesn't is my stepdad. I don't know what to do guys! I feel so terrible. I thought it was awful of her to take us to the place she is living with her boyfriend...and they like kissed in front of us and everything. Right now I am so disgusted with the entire situation, but I don't wanna betray my mom either. I don't know what to do!! Help!! As if my life isn't hectic enough! My life just sucks!!