Please Help

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

punksquirrel

Please Help

Post by punksquirrel »

My parents came home today...I could tell each had been drinking. They were both in not so good moods. I took a nap and my parents went out to eat with the other half of the family. They came back in even worse moods. My mom went to sleep and my dad and I started arguing. I really don't remember how it went, but all I know is that he brought up divorcing my mom, they have been together about 17 years, and he just kept threatening divorce. He was saying "We should have done this earlier." He normally says stuff to make other people mad, especially since he was drinking, but I don't know what to do, if I can do anything at all. I have really no one to talk to about this, I just don't know what to do. I can't even describe what might happen if they did divorce, I know everything would be gone. Nothing would ever be the same. My dad has been married once before this time and saw his kids when they were young but rarely sees them now, and I don't want it that way, I really hate this position. Someone please help me with some advice.

I would appreciate it soo much. :'( <tag closure help
Don't let your past dictate who you are, let it be part of what you become.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: Please Help

Post by iHEAVENn »

aww hun its okay.

maybe you should wait until they sober up some then talk to the both of them about it?? maybe they can get counseling to help them if they need it. or maybe your dad was just so drunk he didnt know what he was saying?

divorce does change alot of things. and it sucks yes. but sometimes it can be for the best.

really all you can do is talk to them and tell them how much you care about the both of them and want them to stay together. if you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime at all.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
faith
Veteran

Re: Please Help

Post by faith »

u know what? u shoudl tell someone. i would give them one more chance. if they come home drunk 1 more time i would call the cops. it sounds dumb but there ur PARENTS there supposed to watch after u not come home drunk. and about ur dad. he was drunk he has no dea what he was talking about
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea