My Mother

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CallingFromBelow

My Mother

Post by CallingFromBelow »

Hi, I'm kinda new but...

I really, really dislike my mother...I am so scared that one day I might end up like her. I never want that to happen....ever. I really tend to hate her the majority of the time.

She is a "counselor" and I use that term lightly because she can't even get a job as one. She has worked for 7 years, going back to college and getting her Masters degree but she won't get off her ass and use it!

I'm VERY sensitive about my weight and such things and she knows this cause I tend to burst out when someone even mentions it. She tells me not to worry because I'm a "perfectly normal size 15"...whatever. But I really don't want to take advice from her because she is a divorcee with a minimum wage job, no prospective relationships, no social life, no friends who relys on her mother and weights 350 pounds. She moved us back to her hometown in Iowa of all places, which I hate. I'm a big city gal at heart. But for this, I really resent her. Any comments I make about this town she immediatly shoots down and yells at me for my opinions on it. She always cuts me down for my choices and my opinions and my decisions. It pisses me off, royally.

She always makes me feel stupid, immature, and worthless. I try to talk to her about something and she pulls some form of her psychobabble shit. I get very depressed and Ihave constant mood swings. I think I really need some help but I can't talk to her, therefore I can't get help...

I tend to ramble, thanks for listening....Gwen
Everything works great. Except when it doesn't.

"You left us mourning in the morning and we may never know just why. And none of us know how to handle it since you never had a chance to say goodbye..."

- "No Chance" by Ezra Fox

"If I died tomorrow, would this song live on forever?? Here is my unopened letter to a world that never shall reply. From this second story window I can hear church bells calling out my name. This table is set for one. Even angels would be homesick in this forsaken town."

"Unopened Letter to the World" by The Ataris

{Packed With A Full Day's Supply of Freaky}
TrixiChixi13
Dedicated

Re: My Mother

Post by TrixiChixi13 »

im sorry that you have to go thru all that shit gwen, i kno how it is, my dad sucks! i think maybe u should go to either a guidance counsellor at school or a family member or even friend you trust and tell them how you feel and ask them what to do. i think your mom needs some encouragement to get her life together, maybe tell her that it bothers you to see her not doing anything and that you know she has the potential and maybe give her some encouragement and maybe things will change, thats all i really can say, good luck :hug:

i'm insane! it's your fault!
unoshawty
Veteran

Post by unoshawty »

What I'm used to doing and what I think you should do is Revolt. I mean, sure I live with my mom and I love her to death, she kicked my grandpa out (who was my best friend,mentor, and only father figure in my life who taught me everything [EVEN ABOUT MY PERIOD! Ah!]) because she wanted her boyfriend to move in with her. I went crazy on her and sadly I used physical abuse to get my point across. I finally realized what I was doing when my grandpa found out and beat the shit out of me for doing it. even though he resented her kicking him out. So we've finally been able to just tell eachother whats on our minds. Try to get a level with your mom that you both are comfortable with and talk to eachother about your problems like you did with us. I know it seems a lot easier said than done. Maybe if youre more comfortable writing it, write her a letter or an e-mail explaining everything thats on your mind. IT might touch her so much that she'll be on your level once again. good luck.,
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Post by The Sage Nabooru »

Oh yeah, I know how that feels. One minute I love my mom and the next I hate her. She hates everything I like, and she'll try to change my tastes - I like alternative mostly, but she wants me to listen to pop; I wear simple classic stuff (i.e. jeans and a tank top) in dark colors; she wants me to wear whatever's bright 'n' trendy. And get this - I'm thinner than she is by a long shot, so every once in a while she goes nuts and tries to fatten me up.

The best advice I can give is that it won't last forever. Don't become like your mom and forget your education. Once you graduate and/or get a job that supports you, leave the house and never look back. There's nothing that makes you like your mom other than your own giving up, so hang in there and you'll be better than fine.
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.