I Am Ugly Please Can You Help Me Improve My Appearance.

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

BellaVan64873

I Am Ugly Please Can You Help Me Improve My Appearance.

Post by BellaVan64873 »

I hate being Black girl…it’s a curse. Black girls are deemed the least desirable and least attractive race. Mixed, White, Asian, Latina and Indian girls are usually prettier than Black girls since they have lighter colored skin, nicer facial features and better more manageable hair. I would have been happy if I was born any other race or was at least mixed so I could have had a better chance at looking decent. Black female features are considered unfeminine many people even say that they look men. I always hear people say that, “It’s hard to find a pretty Black girl…she usually has to be mixed to be pretty”. I am so jealous of those Mixed, White, Asian, Latina and Indian girls cause of their better looks and better hair. But since I have to live in this body I want to make myself look as less Black as possible. I have full lips (that are not huge), medium sized nose, brown skin, and coarse/kinky hair – overall I can only fix 2 out of the 4 problems. I plan to lighten my skin and get a weave. I want to lighten my skin simply because it is too dark…well it’s brown but I consider it dark. Dark skin is considered a masculine trait which is why both dark and light skin guys are desired. I know that White girls like to tan to get darker but their goal is to get nice light brown skin nobody wants dark brown skin. Also I want to get a weave because as you all know being Black my hair is coarse/kinky and a nightmare to look at and deal with. Full Black hair is a big turn off to people they always prefer mixed Black hair.
In this world light skin is prettier than dark skin, delicate facial features are prettier than huge/broad facial features, and straight/curly hair is prettier than coarse/kinky hair – that’s just the way it is. Of course not everybody thinks this way but a vast majority of people do. This is why guys, even a majority of the Black guys, usually prefer lighter skinned girls. I come to find that the majority of light skinned girls like to date Black guys and vice versa but the majority of guys including Black guys do not like to date Black girls they always say that they have a “different preference”. There are only few guys that actually like Black girls and those guys are hard to find. I really wish I was one of those pretty light skinned girlsso damn bad. I am horrified and hurt that I was born this way. People have always told me to “love myself as I am” which drives me crazy especially when the person who says it is some other race. Maybe it’s easy for them to love themselves but they have no idea how it feels to live being Black. I was bullied all through elementary, middle and high school because of my hair and looks. Also any guy I liked made it perfectly clear that they only wanted the light skinned girls not me. Because of this I developed depression and anxiety issues. I know I got super unlucky being born just Black but I am going to do all that I can to improve my looks. Do you know any good safe skin lightening creams? Do you know any other ideas on how I can improve my appearance?
Please do not preach saying that “no one is ugly everyone is beautiful in their own way”, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, “what matters is what’s on the inside”, etc. They are nice comments but don’t help in the actual world.
BlackBeauty98

Re: I Am Ugly Please Can You Help Me Improve My Appearance.

Post by BlackBeauty98 »

I just joined this site today.. && this is the first thing I see... I know the post is from 2013 but I NEED to reply to this.. I honestly can say I have never been more upset in my life to read something.. This seriously broke my heart reading this.. have you no regret for posting this?.. I am a black girl.. I am 15 years old.. I am beautiful to my self and others.. never would I EVER call my self other.. and disgrace my race like this... Let me tell you something... When I was in middle school.. I literally looked in the mirror.. and said to my self.. WHY ?! WHY God did I have to be like this.. all those white girls have beautiful big blue eyes.. long straight hair that flows down their back and flows in the wind... God why do those girls get to go to the beach and get a tan where as I go to the beach and get darker.. they lose their tan.. I don't lose my color ... Jesus please tell me why I cant have pretty eyes and hair and get all the cute boys like them... My dad got mad at me all the time for saying that.. he said.... girl ! stop it you are young.. you have time to grow.. if a boy looks at you're color.. then he isnt for you.. its about whats inside of you that matters.. I always replied back.. daddy its not fair.... I would go to the hair store with my mom and there would be different wigs.. for all kinds of race... I would walk by the straight hair and I would run my fingers through it feeling the texture.. then I would feel my own hair and get sad... Mom its just not fair.. I would say... to this very day I still run my fingers through the wigs.. and wonder the same thing.. man ! why cant I be like them... as time went by.. I looked in the mirror more often.. I started noticing my flaws.. man my face is to chubby.. gosh look at my nose.. OH MY GAH ! my hair is sticking up .... Now im older... I get up every morning and look in the mirror and say.. wow ! my eyes are really pretty.. i thank my mom for my eyes.. people ask.. are you mixed with something.. not because of my skin.. because of my eyes.. and you know what I say.. Nope im not mixed with anything.. I am fully black :) you have to appreciate you for you.. It does not matter if One boy looks at you and says.. Oh her skin is to dark.... how many boys are there in this world????? ALOT ! this is what one boy judging you.. shoot it could be all the boys in the city that don't want to date you because of you're skin color... thats just you're city?? you have the whole world to explore.. dont let 20 something boys tell you that you're skin isn't good enough for them... They is this lady.. her name is Lupita nyong'o ! She was raised in kenya.. She won an oscar.. when she was a teen she used every single skin whitener she could get her hands on.. and she woke up every morning.. the same color.. she said she cried about it and asked god why she had to be that way.. she is now 31.. and they say she is the most beautiful black lady.. she is on covers of magazines .. all over tv.. and she is just black.. nothing else.. no mixture.. she is a pure black lady... I hope you wake up and realize you to need to be thankful for you're skin color... I have had boys of all colors ask me out.. black,mixed,white,hispanic,blue,purple,rainbow... My personality is what makes me beautiful.. I love me for me.. and boys admire that.. when you are proud of you're race.. they open up their eyes.. but when you talk like this... they see nothing but a black girl trying to be somebody they are not... 
" I remember a time when I too felt unbeautiful. I put on the tv and only saw pale skin. I got teased and taunted about my night-shaded skin. And my one prayer to God, the miracle worker, was that I would wake up lighter-skinned ~ Lupita Nyong'o

Re: I Am Ugly Please Can You Help Me Improve My Appearance.

Post by Avatarkorra »

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. :rolleyes: