Talking To People

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Trapped
Veteran

Talking To People

Post by Trapped »

(Not sure if this goes in here, but I think it's a self-esteem problem.)

I don't know why, but when people that I think are actually really....cool (sry, so corny, but I need to expland my vocabulary) talk to me, I can't. It's like I get soo excited that some1 that I think is a really great person is talking to me, that I...it seems that my mind can't take it (whoa---mind overload), and I just...well I either exaggerate too much, then feel bad right afterwards; or I can't think of what I was trying to say......And I look stupd, and I'm thinking, gosh no wonder they don't want to talk to me, I have no thing to say (well....can't)

I'm too shy to take the initiative to go up to ppl and start conversation so I get too excited when they say something to me. I use "like" way too often, and I get all twisted in what I'm sayin...and it's just soo embarrassing... :( And it's like...ugh! why do I do that! What's wrong with me....what a dork.....I'm so excited some1's talking to me, that I can't even talk to them :'( What's wrong with me?! Gosh, I AM a loser! *hold head down, and walks away*
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Maddy420
Loyal

Re: Talking To People

Post by Maddy420 »

aww I have the same problem. I just cant talk right or much. one thing i do want you to know though is that you are just as good and cool as those people its just harder for you to chat. dont get down on yourself, just try to believe that you are as good as they are and then maybe it wont be so hard. if you ever want to talk about it more or just are bored and wanna chat give me a holler
I absolutely love you....
JadeiteS
Dedicated

Post by JadeiteS »

Oh yeah! I have that problem. But, I find that if they stick around me long enough, I tend to get to the point where I can talk. (err.. NOt that I, personally, don't sound stupid, but I can talk in palin sentances without making too much of an embarassing situation for myself.) But... go over senarios in your mind/ or with friends.. Roleplay ^_^ I'm not saying it WILL help, but it's at least worth a try right? ^^
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

yes it is worth a try......but the only problem.....I used to and wish I could bring back, how proper/intelligent (sry, I'm not trying to sound proud or boastful or anything---just truth---plz continue) I used to talk/sound. I guess it's from my British background (it's only a quarter, but I cherish that quarter so much, and it felt great to know that I wasn't like many ppl---not only b/c of the way I talked (ppl used to say I talked funny, cuz I would have this texan (not country) accent and sometiems british would slip in), but things I did, the way I thought (and still do).... Only now, not too many, if any that I know of, ppl see that...and I just feel (not weird/dif.---but just like everyone else, only lower--b/c I don't know as much (since I've isolated myself), and I'm can't seem to expand my vocabulary -cuz I don't remeember too well, and I'm not really a people person...I can't just associate with anyone about anything---b/c I can't control my feelings/can't compose myself when I get frustrated....

So, I can try to keep up conversation them, I just wish I could expand my vocabulary [and tht's in another post as well]; thanx for the tip(s).
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.