Realy Low Self Esteem/depression

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

InfinityBPS
Loyal

Realy Low Self Esteem/depression

Post by InfinityBPS »

I feel horrible. As most of you know im just under 300 pounds and 5'8. Right now I feel that I have no chance of ever having a girl like me. I tried to tell a girl I went to the dance with that I liked her and she just got all nervous and seemed scared kind of. She was the only girl I felt like I had a chance with, and I don't think that will work even. I look in the mirror and I am disgusted by myself, when I stand by other people I see that my shadow is twice as big as theirs. I can't picture myself ever being with someone. I have an emptiness inside me and I don't think I can ever fill it. Sometimes I think about how I look, and I just want to bash my face into a wall to make the pain inside go away. I don't know where i should have put this. Move it if you want...
*Scully*
Loyal

Re: Realy Low Self Esteem/depression

Post by *Scully* »

unfortunately, we live in a society that focuses severely on a person's physical appearance. it's sad how much attention and importance people put on someone's outside. but listen, not everyone is like that. definitely not everyone. its not the outside that matters on a person. personally, if a guy is the hottest thing and is a real jerk, he ends up looking like crap for me. but if theres someone who i dont find particularly attractive and i get to know them and like their personality, their looks attract me even more. when someone likes/loves you for who you are inside, the outside doesnt matter. one day youll find someone who loves you for the inside and who will love you for the outside as well. just wait. itll happen for you. but first, you have to love yourself. i sound like a corny therapist but its true. when you dont like how you look, you send out that feeling to other people. theyll get the feeling that youre not comfortable with the way you look, and then they wont be comfortable. so you have to start loving yourself for the way you are and how you look before you can have someone else love you. and if your weight really bothers you, try eating more healthy and exercising a little. im sure youve tried that or heard that before. the main point is that you dont have to go on a diet because a LOT of diets dont work. and overexerting yourself by exercising will only make you want to stop. so just try doing for long walks and eating lighter meals. and start appreciating yourself more. if you ever want to chat, im here. and i just realized how much i wrote. lol, im sorry. anyways, good luck :)
If anyone needs help or just needs to talk, I'm here. You can e-mail me or pm me anytime.

~Scully

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

"They don't love you like I love you"

"Why, that's positively delicious!"
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

just because you think you are overweight it dosnt mean that you are doomed. lots of people would feel nervous when asked to dance.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

u totally have a chance to have a girl like u. u know why because the person that likes u will like u for u and not whether ur 100 lbs ot 400 lbs. and thats how u know when somoene truely likes u. and u just have to wait for that person to come and not search for it
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea