Everyone Is Better

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Maddy420
Loyal

Everyone Is Better

Post by Maddy420 »

ive been struggling with low self esteem all my life. I truly believe everyone is better than me and that I dont deserve anything. I feel so worthless. I know im decent looking but i dont believe that looks should be the basis of your life. i find myself so boring. my personality is awful. I have nothing to say ever, im so anxious when im in a social situation. I dont know what to do. all i want is to have friends and be happy but i dont think im worthy of these peoples friendships which makes it harder for me to gain thier friendships. usually i only become friends with guys cause they like how i loook and that just sucks cause i feel like if i dont fool around with them they wont like me cause thats all i have to offer to a person. I dunno what to do. I just hate myself and I have no where else to turn
I absolutely love you....
DancinMegz88

Re: Everyone Is Better

Post by DancinMegz88 »

Isnt there a medication for symptoms like that? I dont remember what its called, but i saw a commericial for it... Zoloft or something like that?
*Meghan*

...LoVe Me...

...HaTe Me...

...EiThEr WaY...

...iM oN uR MiNd...

faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i used to feel like that and i have gone to therapy etc. maybe u should try that. but ur not worthless. and even tho u feel that way i wanna let u know that ur not laone and that everyone lese u pass in the hall prob in some way feels the way u do.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
bttrflyrawker15
Dedicated

Post by bttrflyrawker15 »

Originally posted by faith@Oct 7 2003, 11:28 AM

i used to feel like that and i have gone to therapy etc. maybe u should try that. but ur not worthless. and even tho u feel that way i wanna let u know that ur not laone and that everyone lese u pass in the hall prob in some way feels the way u do.
i agree with faith
For God so love the world

that he gave his one and

only son, that whosoever

believes in him shall not

perish but have everlasting

life.

John 3:16

**~*Jamie*~**
OurLadyOfSorrows
Needs Another Hobby

Post by OurLadyOfSorrows »

I felt like that for a while and used to believe that my "friends" felt the same way about me. I was never very good at talking to people and i'm still not at the moment but lately things have been looking up for me and i've made quite a few friends. In other words, things can get better for you and remember, not all lads may just like you for ur looks.
I can resist everything except temptation - Silverstein
BeautifulLetdown

Post by BeautifulLetdown »

Hey, for one, that is not all you have to offer. I'm sure you have a great personality and have so many things to offer someone. You deserve so much more credit than you're giving yourself. No one is better than anyone else. We're all human....we all feel that way at one point or another. Even the people you think have it all together are probably struggling with their own personal self esteem issues and insecurities. And you're right, looks aren't everything, it may sound a little tired, but what's on the inside does matter so much more. If you can feel confident about yourself and who you are, that shows, and people will see that. Let them get to know you for who you are, not just what you think you can offer them.....remember, you deserve more than that. :D
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE </td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'"I am nothing, I will always be nothing, but I carry with me all the dreams in the world."</td</tr</table<div class='signature'
Matdredalia
Loyal

Post by Matdredalia »

For the longest time, I was the same way. I wouldn't even go near other people at school, I spent all my time alone. I'd go to school, not speak to anyone, just bury myself in my journals, and come home and get on the net......

Now this may sound lame to some, but the internet is what showed me that I was capable of being friends with others. That I was not boring, I just found myself that way. I use to annoy myself so badly because I hated myself so much. But my net friends showed me that I wasn't boring to them, they loved and adored me because of the person I was.

My point is this, we all have a very screwed up self perception. It's because we can't see ourselves as others do because we have to live with ourselves 24/7. We are constantly analyzing ourselves, constantly bickering with ourselves in our head. Constantly putting ourselves down to ourselves.

We don't realize that....we are someone's best friend. We are someone's son or daughter, who's parents are extreamly proud of our accademic accomplishments, caring nature & kind heart, athletic abilities, etc.

We are special. We are unique. We were made this way for a reason. Maybe you don't believe in God, but you have to believe that we are here for a purpose.

Have you ever sat in awe of someone? Maybe a grandmother who had endless ammounts of caring, comforting, and love? Perhaps a friend who was just competely giving?

Those are the things that make each person unique. People sit in awe of you, too. I can probably bet that there are people who admire you and look up to you. You just have to realize that you are an amazing person who is worth so much more than you give yourself credit for.

*hugs* Sorry this was so long...but I think you will get the point. Keep your chin up. You are amazing.
~Mandy

S-I Free since May 26th, 2004

Blog

"It doesn't take a weather man

To look around and see the weather

Jeb said he'd deliver Florida, folks

And boy did he ever

And we hold these truths to be self evident,

#1 George W. Bush is not President,

#2 America is not a true Democracy,

and #3 the Media is not fooling me"

~Ani DiFranco, Self Evident

Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

thats actually an illness of the mind called depression. My aunt suffered it. yes im sure u can get some kind of medication for it. u must try and have some fun tho...try and cheer up.
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET