I Think..

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

lil02nicx
Loyal

I Think..

Post by lil02nicx »

Well im not positive this goes here so move it if it doesnt...

But im constantly thinking about everything and its starting to affect things that should be fun. I was at the club the other nite and i couldnt even have fun dancing i would just think about things and if i was doing good. And the same thing during sex or kissing i just think about things ive read and i cant orgasm because of it. And when im at the mall looking at outfits im thinking about something or when im with my friends.

so my problem is I think i think too much

Is this normal? Or do i have some sort of anxiousness or self esteem problem or something?
gotta take the good with the bad...
Genesis100
Loyal

Re: I Think..

Post by Genesis100 »

Perfectly normal in my opinion. I used to just wonder about a lot of crap, and it would get in teh way of things a lot. The point is to just ignore it and shrug it off, unless you are thinking about an actual thing or are worried about something and that thing you're thinking about is bothering you.
<b>What god doesn't give to you</b>
<b>You've got to go and get for yourself</b>
JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

Ah I know how ya mean. I think I do that too..dunno if it's normal haha but I'm sure it is. like.. I'll be kissing my b/f and thinking at the same time... and i'm like..isn't this kind of stuff supposed to wrap you up in the moment and you stop thinking? haha guess not for our kind of people :P its normal. dont think there's really anything you can do to stop it though..you're either a thinker or you're not...guess you are lol. :)
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Hey,

I would think that's normal....Because I do that all the time! Sometimes it's fun....sometimes it's scary and others.....well I'm not going to go there....It's normal...You have nothing to worry about.. Maybe there's something on the back of your mind that you're wanting to get off of your chest?
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I do that a lot.

I think it depends on what you are thinking about...what is occupying your mind?

If it's good things, or things that aren't important, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Since this is in self Esteem, I'm making a guess that you think a lot about that very thing: about yourself, your problems, your worries ??

If I'm wrong you can correct me. I'm only saying that because I know I do that all the time, and this thinking occupies my mind so much that I can't function at work...I get too anxious and tense, about screwing up, and then I screw up.

I'm with you hun. I overthink. My friends always tell me that I do.

It's not unnormal, but overthinking did make living much more difficult for me.

If you have the same issues, you can pm me and we can talk!
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
linds*07
Loyal

Post by linds*07 »

i wish i could stop doin that...it does ruin stuff...but like instead of just worryin think about whats goin on around u...focus on the music or the lights or whatever......its a normal thing i think all ppl do it....but when it becomes a bother just try to focus on something else.

linds
I sit alone in darkness

and peer into the world

i wonder what has happened

that made this so ubsurd

i know the times have changed

and all the people too

but now im lost among them

with nothing left to do

i cant say what i want to

for my words they wont accept

my sanity has been fading

and hope is all thats left

theres no one there to guide me

and i cant see through the pain

i grab the knife secretly

and cut away at my vein

the one that matters most

that makes the blood flow through

i watch it all drain slowly

and remember what is true

the people stepping around me

didnt care at all

so now as im dying

I'm obeying the satanic call.

-my mind. =(
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

Other people think they think alot.I usually think about things whenever I go somewhere.It also depends on what you are doing and if you want to do something.
Carousel
Loyal

Post by Carousel »

I use to dwell on things and try to understand how everyone fits in all the time. I think it was just asking to feel bad about myself. You need to try your best to keep your mind off thinking about what your doing and just do it.
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i do that too, like i think and worry about some crap all the time, some things are just stupid but i cant help it, once it gets into my brain it just goes on and on and it's annoying
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

Originally posted by Carousel@Aug 4 2004, 09:52 AM

I use to dwell on things and try to understand how everyone fits in all the time. I think it was just asking to feel bad about myself. You need to try your best to keep your mind off thinking about what your doing and just do it.

Ya I do that a lot...I often used to go through my life and analyze why I've become so whacked now. I also analyze myself a lot...when I'm anxious of course. When I'm happy, relaxed, I'm not worrying at all.

But I got worried and started thinking when I babysat recently and the kid didn['t listen...I thought of how I can't get kids to listen b/c I have my dad's laid back personality, and in my family, my mom's got the belt (metaphorically). She's the head of the household. My dad is clueless sometimes. Ya, I often think I'm like my dad. Doesn't boost my self esteem at all.

It does ask for trouble. I've even analyzed how I could make myself more miserable, and I've analyzed how I could punish myself for being a bad person. The latter is awful. I went in circles in that one.

I know what you're talking about. It's awful. We have to stop thinking .
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
XxBroken
Dedicated

Post by XxBroken »

I do that all to often too, it sucks sometimes because it ruins moments or gets me completely side tracked.

But I'd say it's very normal, just look at the number of people that responded that feel the same way!

It's just something that I guess has to be worked on for alot of people, if you find that it's runing things for you then when the certain thing is going on, focus thinking about that, and things involving whatever you are trying to stay focused on.

I know thats not much but I really don't know how to explain more haha, good luck to you, and feel free to IM me anytime, my Aol it on 20 hours a day.

<3 Elli
Image Forever Always, you're the one that keeps me holding on.