I Want To Slim Down A Bit

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

I Want To Slim Down A Bit

Post by A! Elbereth »

I'm not fat, and I'm not overweight... I'm just average. I want to loose weight in my thighs and butt because I'm skinny everywhere else accept there and I think I look disgusting. I just want to loose 10 pounds or so. I have a lot of water weight, so I change between 106 and 110 but I'm really short at 5'1" so don't let my weight throw you off... but I went swimming for the first time in two years today and there were all these girls who looked great in a bathing suit and I didn't feel like I was good enough... I feel that there will never be a guy that is attracted to my overall body image unless I get model-slim legs and a tighter butt.

So I don't know how to do it because the thighs and butt are the hardest places to loose weight for women! I'd love to get a thigh-master or some product but I think you have to order those on tv or online and I'm too embarassed to ask my parents. They'd probably say I'm fine and refuse. I wish I had a credit card because I don't think I can do it the old fashion way (squats etc.) . I just quit right away whenever I try that.

Maybe I'm striving too hard for a perfection that I can't have. I have no idea if I look good to people or not. I don't like what I see, but I've heard that when you're paranoid your eyes can play tricks on you and make you look different than how others see you.

AHH! What would you do if you were me?
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Re: I Want To Slim Down A Bit

Post by wagon_wheel »

lol. you don't need to lose any weight but since you feel you should, I would advise you to lift weights and junk and get some muscle tone it will make a big diff. in the way you look. Your pretty much at your perfect weight any weight, for your height you don't want to weigh less then 105lbs. Anyways those commercial junk things usually dont work anyways so the old fashion way is the best. Just tone those thighs and butt bye working out.

P.S. Get one of those stretchy rope thingys, they work good.<--advice from my Aunt. lol.
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
Magical
Loyal

Post by Magical »

If I was you, I wouldnt care what others think. I mean who really cares about slim girls? guys who are mature will like you for who YOU are not for your looks! If you really want to lose weight [which you probably dont even have to] I would look up on the internet some easy moves that you can do everyday that target your thigh areas. Even if you want to give up just try if you really want to acheive your goal..
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Jul 27 2004, 09:19 PM

I'm not fat, and I'm not overweight... I'm just average. I want to loose weight in my thighs and butt because I'm skinny everywhere else accept there and I think I look disgusting. I just want to loose 10 pounds or so. I have a lot of water weight, so I change between 106 and 110 but I'm really short at 5'1" so don't let my weight throw you off... but I went swimming for the first time in two years today and there were all these girls who looked great in a bathing suit and I didn't feel like I was good enough... I feel that there will never be a guy that is attracted to my overall body image unless I get model-slim legs and a tighter butt.

So I don't know how to do it because the thighs and butt are the hardest places to loose weight for women! I'd love to get a thigh-master or some product but I think you have to order those on tv or online and I'm too embarassed to ask my parents. They'd probably say I'm fine and refuse. I wish I had a credit card because I don't think I can do it the old fashion way (squats etc.) . I just quit right away whenever I try that.

Maybe I'm striving too hard for a perfection that I can't have. I have no idea if I look good to people or not. I don't like what I see, but I've heard that when you're paranoid your eyes can play tricks on you and make you look different than how others see you.

AHH! What would you do if you were me?

I wouldn't bother. Why do we girls feel pressure to lose weight?? What's wrong with piling it on?? I'm no stick insect myself and I do have "fat" days - but I don't undereat or overeat, I eat healthily (if you count McDonalds every once in a while ;)) Just be happy with yourself, we have plenty more time as we grow up to lift those weights and get out the exercise video!!!
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

You're about the right weight for your height, I wouldnt' worry.

Exercise is good... I use Dance Dance Revolution.
-Sam!
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

I really think you sound fine- especially since you're face is so pretty, it will make up for whatever imperfections there are. Honostly, I wouldn't stress. BUT- I think it's also important to feel GOOD about yourself- it changes many things. If you want this, then you should work for it. Honostly, I think what you should do to lose weight- (You can't lose weight in any specific 'area' - just lose weight in general, and it will work out for you) Just go running for 30 minutes a day or however long you can manage. Eat healthy and don't overindulge- eat SLOWLY so you food can digest and your body will tell you when you're full.

I don't think you need it, but I'm not you- I know the mind can never be happy with certain things. Believe me, I KNOW.

Good luck.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Well, I'm sure if you pray hard enough, god will whisk you down some new thighs and a new buttocks.

But, if that doesn't work, I suggest lunges. That'll do the trick. Maybe fifty a night or something. *shrug*

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. I didn't mean to be sarcastic above. Actually, I did. But I meant to be more funny, I'm not at all unsulting your faith.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Precious x Pill
Loyal

Post by Precious x Pill »

Workout..

It's that simple, work out and eat good.

I get up and do my workout, then eat lunch and clean, and do whatever else and do a couple sit ups and push ups before I go to bed, and I can see the results already after only doing that for a couple weeks.

I do the Richard Simons workout :P It really works, you can buy his tapes at walmart most likly, or there are other workout tapes....
For hearing all my doubts so selectively and

For continuing my numbing love endlessly

For letting you decide if I indeed was desirable

For denying myself to somehow make us compatible

For blaming myself for your unhappiness

For expecting myself to be where you wanted me to be

And I'm sorry to myself

My apologies begin here before everybody else

I'm sorry to myself

For treating me worse than I would anybody else

*B a B y G i r l*
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Originally posted by *B a B y G i r l*@Aug 26 2004, 09:27 AM

I do the Richard Simons workout :P It really works, you can buy his tapes at walmart most likly, or there are other workout tapes....

Hahahahahahaha....Richard Simmons. Oh, he is so my favorite gay man.

I also suggest TaeBo. That shit is REALLY good, and it gets you in shape fast.

Cheers,

Jenna

Precious x Pill
Loyal

Is he gay? I thought he kinda was....I love him no matter what though:wub: lol

And how fast does TaeBo get you in shape?

And I'm sorry to myself

I'm sorry to myself

*B a B y G i r l*
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Originally posted by *B a B y G i r l*@Aug 27 2004, 02:16 PM

Ha, Richard Simmons is beyond gay. I think he was like, that falmbuoyant when he was born. :) But yes, he lives in a house with his partner and grandfather above Sunset Strip. (The only way I know that is because a good friend of mine is next door neighbors with him, and he goes jogging with his partner every morning. It's so funny.)

And TaeBo....give it a month if you do the hard workouts. That shit wears you out like no other.

Cheers,

Jenna

Precious x Pill
Loyal

Wow....I wish I could see Richard Simmons go jogging every morning :lol:

And I'm sorry to myself

I'm sorry to myself

*B a B y G i r l*
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+Aug 27 2004, 04:45 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Paris In Flames @ Aug 27 2004, 04:45 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-*B a B y G i r l*@Aug 27 2004, 02:16 PM

Ha, Richard Simmons is beyond gay. I think he was like, that falmbuoyant when he was born. :) But yes, he lives in a house with his partner and grandfather above Sunset Strip. (The only way I know that is because a good friend of mine is next door neighbors with him, and he goes jogging with his partner every morning. It's so funny.)

And TaeBo....give it a month if you do the hard workouts. That shit wears you out like no other.

Cheers,

Jenna[/b][/quote]

awwww! that's adorable! i love richard simmons. :D

but, back to the question, just work out. it's fine if you just want to lose a couple of pounds, just don't take it overboard. try crunches, lunges, pushups, nothing fancy. just easy and relaxed excersize, and you'll be better in no time and loving how you look! :D

hugs, hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Nympheas
Loyal

Post by Nympheas »

If it makes u feel any better I'm around the same height and weigh more than you and medically I'm termed as "average". It's just about impossible to lose weight on the parts of your body, even if you do end up with the perfect thighs, your legs and arms will become skeletal and that is really not attractive. Look at what happened to poor Mary-Kate Olsen...

Maybe some form of pilates would help tone those muscles in the right places. As for attracting guys, who wants to be with one arrogant enough to judge girls solely on their looks???
<span style=\'font-family:TAHOMA\'"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.

"So it is."

"And freezing."

"Is it?"

"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."