Freshmen 15

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

tearfulbeauty
Loyal

Freshmen 15

Post by tearfulbeauty »

so i'm going to college in 5 days... (so happy) and well i have a little fear of getting fat(or just fat in general kinda) or even alittle overweight... so i'm really scared whenever people talk about the freshmen 15... eeeek... i know now i say i'm gunna work out and stuff while i'm there... but i don't know if i really will... i don't really like the way i look now and my weight... but i know i'm not fat... but its like when you look at your self and you like see fatty places on your body.... even if they aren't there... i just like freak out... i hate it! so i am scared half to death of this freshmen 15 thing... and i guess i just need some tips for next year or somthing... i guess this is also a vent.. and i didn't know where to put this... so sorry if it is in the wrong place
Michie
Veteran

Re: Freshmen 15

Post by Michie »

Firstly i don't know what freshman 15 is. Secondly, maybe you can apply for a dance class or jazzercise when you are there, if you want to excercize. Having a dance class and a preplanned time can help motivate you to go. Maybe you can go with your roomate or something.

Having people with you can also help.

As for eating a lot...well, just eat 3 meals a day plus healthy snacks in the middle...and you'll be fine.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
distortedchibi
Loyal

Post by distortedchibi »

Seriously, the cafeteria food is what does it to you. Try to make healthy choices while you're there, and try to find a different place to hang out with friends. My friends and I always met for lunch and dinner, boy, what a killer to the waist line. It's not too hard to keep it off you make a conscience decision about your food. Walk as much as you can also. College is a great place to build yourself into the person you want to be. Have fun.
I have a special place in my heart for all those in pain. I've been there and it's lonely when it feels like no one understands. Wonderful people made this site so that we can talk openly and honestly. Thank you to all of them. If I can help one person through their pain, then my life has been worth it.
XTorn2PiecesLPX
Veteran

Post by XTorn2PiecesLPX »

[quote]Firstly i don't know what freshman 15 is.

QUOTE]

Agreeing....what is the freshmen 15?....-Rocket
Cause I am stricken and cant let you go ~Disturbed

The prettiest people do the ugliest things ~ K. West

Do you pull me up just to push me down again ~Mudvayne

And when Im gone just carry on, dont morn, rejoyce everytime you hear the sound of my voice just know that im lookin down on you smiling and i didnt feel a thing so baby dont feel my pain just smile back
tearfulbeauty
Loyal

Post by tearfulbeauty »

they say that when you go off to college you gain 15lbs so they kinda nicknamed it the freshmen 15..
Spitfire
Veteran

Post by Spitfire »

Why would you gain 15 pounds just from being a college freshmen? Dont worry about it. If you do feel less self confident, you can always just excersize when you have spare time anyway, weither you are fat or not.
Blame it on the yellow bananas..they just sit there..all..yellow-like!!

~FRODO THE FLYING PEANUT~

Post 200- Aug 10, 2004

Post 250- Aug 17, 2004

Post 300- Aug 23, 2004

Post 400- Sep 26, 2004

Post 500- Oct 26, 2004

Dont Make Me Eat Your First-Born Child!!