I Cant Handle It

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

zanna85
Loyal

I Cant Handle It

Post by zanna85 »

I dont know what my problem is...i cant handle anything...so i dont do anything (i.e. get a job, make friends ect.). i try to set it up so i dont fail. and just when i think im making progress and i can do something i fail at something...and it hits hard so i shrink back into my shell... im just so paranoid that i cant move outa the restraints that i put on myself.

i know i need a job to suppport myself, my car, and eventually an apartment or house...but i dont want to fail. i dont want people mad at me. i dont want people to hate me. everything just cuts so deep....i dont want to be rejected.

why can some people handle everything and some people cant handle anything? why am i the way i am? did i do something wrong? am i just being a wimp?

what can i do? i dont want to fail at life and thats where im headed...

help please...if ya can. :'(
Mel
Loyal

Re: I Cant Handle It

Post by Mel »

Hi,

Just to say your not the only one who feels they way you do.

Most people, if not all people, don't want to fail, they dont want people to be angry at them...

Everyone is scared, even those people who are really confident and out going.

Try not to be scared...I know its hard and I know the feelings you have inside you are trying to tear you apart, but keep your chin up and your head held high and try not to hide.

Take a step out into the world, bite the bullet and I know its hard.

If your scared about failing in your job take something which is slightly below what you are capable of, or something with a few hours a week. Try to not think your going to fail, wake up every morning and say that your not going to fail, convince yourself that your a good and capable person and you arent going to fail. Yes you may sometimes, but dont let it keep you down, pull yourself back up again.

Im not saying its easy, in fact its damn hard! I still hide in hoods and pull my sleeves down and stare at my feet when I cant hide on my own, but take solace in the fact that your here, and youve posted...thats damn scary too!

Take care of yourself.

If you want to chat I'm here for you.

Chin up :)

Big hugs!

:hug:

Melxxxx
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools

Survival is the ultimate ideology.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Me and my life: http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjm22/

Anyone wants to talk msn: mel_mitchener@hotmail.com I spend way too much time online
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

I have felt this exact same way before. I'd look at my ex when we were together and he could handle anything. He was 4.0 student, good athlete, worked hard... but I knew of the trouble he'd have at home with his divorced parents, how hard the pressures to be who everyone saw him as, was on him. But he just handled it. I was jealous because I started breaking down. A couple of little things would just set me off and I'd feel like a wimp. I'd feel out of control and unable to handle any little thing that came my way. At the time, I was scared to get a job, to meet people, to do anything but stay in my little hole. But it's so depressing!

Time changes. Things change. It's hard to say how or when, but they do. Sometimes it takes just a little more effort to keep it going but you have to understand that in the end, you will be fine. The grieving and suffering now will not consume you and eat you up. You will move on and in the meantime, you have friends here who are willing to talk to you. Feel free to email me anytime! Best wishes!
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Wow. Have any of us ever NOT felt like this before? Be comforted, zanna85, because you're definitely not alone!

It's so hard to go into things when we're afraid of failing. And I have turned down so many opportunities because of fear of failing. But, I think this whole dilemma that so many of us face can be fixed in these simple words...

"We do not succeed by never falling, but by rising everytime we fall."

Go for it.

Try new things.

It'll all be worth it.

And, sure, you'll fail sometimes.

But, as long as you pick yourself up and keep going, than you've still succeeded.

*Great big gigundoly enormous hugs and sloppy wet kisses*

:)Hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

ok...this is not such an uncommen problem. Many people have trouble during times of change and everyone goes through extremely bad times...you obviously hit your time now. The best thing I can advise you to do, is to build your life in small steps at a time. First go out there and find a job. Put on a big smile even if youre not smiling inside and make yourself presentable. Try to get a job that you are genuinlly interested in, that way you are not going to be bored.

A job will keep you busy and take some boring time off your hands and help clear your mind.

Getting a job will then hopefully lead to you making friends with some colleagues...which should lead to an improvement of life.

I hope you learn to love life. Love yourself and others should too! Its not easy...but try !

xXx

Katie
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET