Today sucked.

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Today sucked.

Post by Fishhead »

I'm whining, excuse me.

So I've spent the past two weeks on vacation visiting family in Canada. I had a really good time. My main struggle while there was that I missed my girlfriend. So I got back today. The airport is about an hour away from home. My dad picked me up. Halfway home we get a phone call from my mom saying that my sister was driving my (new..2007 prius) car and she got in an accident....with a fucking rock way off on the side of the road. I was immediately pissed and didn't say much on the way home. My dad pretty much said I told you so cause he argued with my mom about even letting her drive it. I dunno why I got the I told you so because the car is technically under his name and they were the ones here, not me. Anyways, so we show up and it turns out that my sister ran into a sewer thing on the side of the road. That totally fucked the tire up and she hit the curb and went flying (like 10-15ft) landed in grass where she skidded through it for a good 40ft before crossing a road and smashing into a MASSIVE rock on the other side, which moved a good 2ft. The fucking tire was nearly off she screwed it up so badly. I mean this thing weighs like 2 tons. She's fine though so that's good. What pisses me off is that this is a 25mph zone...to be airborne that long and still have that much force when she hit the damn rock means she was fucking speeding her ass off. So whatever. She's not in trouble. We got my car towed and they laughed (yeah) and they said it would probably cost more than the car is worth to fix it. So we have a really old suburban that has A LOT of problems that I'm stuck with now. I'm upset because I'm totally being punished more than her (she was out hanging out with friends tonight). Filling this car up costs about $100 or so every 2 weeks (with the amount I have to drive). My prius was $30 every 2 weeks. I can't afford $200 a month in gas, but my parents say that if I want to drive I need to pay for this. I also now have to drive my sister around because they aren't letting her drive. So basically I need to find a means of raising money for a new car (not NEW new, but new for me.. cheapest I can find that'll run), and my insurance will atleast double. Plus filling up the suburban until I can afford another car. I've also got to pay for my first semester of college in about 2 weeks.

I'm thinking about taking a semester off school and moving up to Canada. School would be cheaper up there for me anyways because I am a citizen. Also my grandparents would LOVE to have me live with them.. They've already mentioned this a few times. So I dunno.

My sister and I were talking to my dad about the car and out of nowhere he starts going off on me for deceiving him. I was confused at first but then he mentioned my girlfriend's name. Apparently he found out (supposedly on his own but I figure my sister had some help in this department) that I was with her. This is unacceptable to him because he is embarrassed to have a "fag daughter". He hasn't told my mom yet, but seems to expect me to do it. I really didn't want to until I had moved out because she's a very devout Christian (who hates gay people) and will for sure kick me out.

Me being so upset caused an argument with my girlfriend who is now not talking to me and I dunno if we're even together anymore.

I really feel like driving off a cliff. I've got to get out of this house though because I'm not allowed to have her around anymore. I'm 18 for fucks sake. I should get some freedom.
FranklinF
Veteran

Re: Today sucked.

Post by FranklinF »

maybe if you are supposed to live on campus or atleast close to it, you could get a scooter? they are hella popular here, plus pretty cheap, really good on gas, and it will allow you to save up for another car. did you have full coverage on your car? and was she on covered? is she willing to help pay? i would be pissed too.technically since your parents allowed her to drive it it is their responsablity i mean if you were in court they would be held liable, because you werent even in country
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I've actually been thinking about getting a scooter lately. My sister was on the insurance on it, but she's only 16. She doesn't have money to help pay for anything, and my parents wouldn't make her anyways. We had full coverage on the car, so that at least pays off the money we owe the bank on it. It just still leaves me without a car. I'm not too concerned about it right now though because I managed to get a raise at my current job and I'm about to go find a second one. I'm also pretty sure that I'm going to move to an apartment here pretty soon so that should solve the not being able to see my girlfriend issue. It also may solve the car issue for a little while because the apartment complex is pretty close to everywhere and I do have a bicycle. Anyways, thanks for the advice. :) I needed to freak out a bit before I could calm down and see that things would be fine.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

its all good those are major things to vent about i understand needing to get them out. you should go back to college though i mean it might be rough without a car, but atleast you have a bike, its good you wont have to pay off the remaining debt, you should tell your parents you are NOT paying to fix the car that your sister wrecked that was not your fault you werent even in town, no court of law would hold you liable. she is sixteen she can get a job and pay to fix it herself, (i am for raising the legal driving age, or atleast for having a mandatory permit driving with an adult phase)

it will all work out.
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]