My Great-grandma

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Kristina
Veteran

My Great-grandma

Post by Kristina »

My great grandma is sooo sick.. She is 90 years old, I know I should be celebrating her old age, but she is the sweetest lady ever, and I dont wanna see her die.. She is constanly in and out of the hospital and is permantly on oxygen... I guess this shouldnt be why me,.... but why her? She is the nicest lady ever... It is killing me that she is going through so much :(
There's always someone cooler than you
Schism
Loyal

Re: My Great-grandma

Post by Schism »

I know what you mean...my grandpa is going in for some heart tests...its so hard to see the one you love so much, in such pain... :'(
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

i know where your comming from...my great grandmother who we called sissy was 102 when she died...and she just died about a month ago...everything went by so quick...she was fine and then one day she fell...she went into the hospital...and they said she was goning to be fine...then she got worse..she had good days and bad days...everyone in my family went to go see her but me...i just couldnt do it...the night she died i called my mom who was with her ( my siblings and parents were the closest to her besides her son) and my mom put sissy on the phone...shes sounded fine..in fact she was having some mcdonalds...but after we got off the phone and my mom got home she told me sissy had died that night...i didnt cry...even at the funeral i didnt cry because everyone else was and i needed to be strong...it was hard letting go....

im sure you great-grandmother is a great woman..shes so special shes lived a long great life...and shes probably had wonderful children who haave given her grandchildren and wonderful great-grandchildren...well i dont knwo what else to tell you but except im very sorry..i hope my experince may have helped...if you need me pm me or IM me anytime MogieBear33 :)
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I know, it is very difficult to see somebody who was once so vibrant.. now unable to make a cup of tea for themselves. It really shocked me when my nan went into a nursing home and stayed there for 5 years. I couldn't bring myself to visit her that often, but I broke down when she died. I didn't know how to cope with the death or anything.

Make the most of the time which she does have left, she isn't going to want you upset over her dying and she will want to make the most of the time which she has left with you too. If you spend that crying, then it is time wasted.