Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite

Have you written a story? Even a poem? Post your artistic creations here!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Brad
Veteran

Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite

Post by Brad »

Sometimes I lie awake at night?

You?ll wake up one night, and start dreaming about the next day. You?ll realize your only friend is on TV and left you out of the credits. You?ll fall back to sleep and dream of nothing but darkness. You?ll find out what it?s like to feel alive.

In the end it all looks the same. Because perception is everything, and everything dies. No matter how you look at the world at the end of infinity; it?s still dead. But don?t let that stop you today, don?t let it keep you awake at night. Because we got lots of people to do all your worrying for you, and organized religions that force answers into your questions. All you have to do is sit there in your room on your bed staring at the television. It?s really that simple.

Just don?t rock the boat, and don?t think too hard. It may be your life but it?s our world. And soon the solar system will be ours too. Best to just find a comfortable position to ride the bandwagon. Best to send a fraction of your income to an Ethiopian you?ll never meet and pray the costs don?t rise. Best to pay your taxes and work a decent job your whole life so you can die with some semblance of satisfaction. Best to just go back to sleep.

?and I dream?

Pretty penniless paper doll princess, highlight of my day. Hard enough to devise a way to kill my left hand while my right doesn?t know what to do. And I find myself miles away from somewhere that always stays hidden.

Unreal, isn?t it? Just a construct of our own blood, sweat and sweet, sweet money. A flood of relief wouldn?t wash away my temple of pain. Just to be born again in a white linen sheet of utter sin which clever metaphors will never completely destroy. Satan had better stay on his toes, because I?m comin? downtown with a gun in my pocket and a cross in my hand and self-righteousness on my mind. Once you understand that, my friend, it?ll all make sense, and you will know why you don?t have any idea what to do next. Because you?ll never figure out how to kill the hand that?s just a little left of normal.

But the Devil will never know fear like the fear I shall bring down upon him. And the Devil will never reach the end of his fate, even though I hasten it. And I will find my princess there, on the floor, with the smoking gun in her hand.

?of nothing worth mentioning.

Nothing can compare to what we?ve become. And I won?t try to come up with any formless clich?s that might help you see better what?s right under your nose. I find it odd that you are never fully awake, and I am never fully asleep. Bad day to be alive? Good day to die? I thought so, because you always seem to know what?s right. Just don?t let those bed bugs bite.

Once upon a time there was a boy who had nothing left to say. And he never lived happily ever after. Remember, kids, someone?s coming to get you?
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
shadow soldier
Loyal

Re: Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite

Post by shadow soldier »

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That was absolutely amazing. You write with so much feeling.. I couldn't help but love it.<3
Go write your message on the pavement.
snsareformorons
Loyal

Re: Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite

Post by snsareformorons »

i agree with "unknown" lol that was awesome
Imagine:

To stand on top of the highest cliff.

To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.

To draw the final breath,

To make that little step,

To know, that for once a decision was made,

To feel one foot above the abyss,

To think for a split second you can float in the air

To feel losing balance,

To fall,

To feel the cold wind violently caress you,

To see the ground coming closer,

Then to doubt

To wish yourself back to the top of the peak

the one that you are pacing away from.