Beautiful Ocean

Have you written a story? Even a poem? Post your artistic creations here!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Beautiful Ocean

Post by iAmAStreaker »

TRIGGERING..sort of.

She sits at the street corner, breathing heavily. Her backpack was filled with nothing but water, a knife, a pen, and a piece of paper. She could feel mascara running down her face, but she couldn't stop, she wouldn't dry the tears. Her heart beat hard against her bruised chest and she felt lonliness at the pit of her stomach. She looked around and tried to find a telephone. She needed to call him, before she left this place forever. She needed to call him before death striked. She got up and walked up to the 7-11, where she saw a telephone booth. "Hello," said a male phone on the other line. It was him. "I'm just calling to tell you that I'm leaving and I won't be back." "What are you talking about," he exclaiming," is this -." She cut him off. "Yes. I'm gonna go now. Bye." "Wait!! I love you!" She hung up, hard. He was lying. He's done this to her for too long. They all have.

--

She staggered along the dirt rode. It was midnight, and she'd been walking for at least three hours. She sat down on the grass and looked at her watch. It was the day, already. The day that the bitch died. The bitch that haunted her dreams every single day and night. Her life was so ruined that there was no point in going back. She got out a piece of paper and wrote: 'If anyone finds me here, please throw me into the ocean. I don't want to be found. Please.' She put the paper down beside her and go out the knife. She closed her eyes and sliced. All the while she saw everything that could have been. She saw herself with him, walking in the park. Holding hands and laughing. She saw herself with Melanie. She had survived and now was alive. And she was best friends with her again. Tears started running down her cheeks. She felt the drip down her shirt, like a stream. Everything went black.

--

He walked down the dirt rode by himself. It was still four o'clock in the morning, but he enjoyed getting his early jog over with before the day became busy. He passed the post office and came to the empty, grassy field. That was when he saw her. A beautiful girl, blood dried on the grass and on her arm. The grass around her was as red as wine. He looked at her with sympathy, and he looked at her wrist with pain. He winced. Her wrist was so split open that she never could have survived from the blood loss. The man picked up the paper and read it. He understood. He ran home and got his car. Then he put her body in the backseat. Since it was still very early, the pier was empty. It took him five minutes to drive there. He carefully took her body out and after a moment of hesitation he dropped her.

--

She heard waves crashing somewhere in the distance, as her eyes immediately opened. She felt an intense sting of pain in her arm. Everything came back to her, like a dream. She felt like she was falling. She looked down and saw herself falling towards the ocean. She tried to scream, but no sound came out. Her whole life flashed before her eyes. The waves were crashing so hard, and she fell right into them. They tossed her farther into the deep. She tried to swim, but nothing helped. After two minutes, she remembered why she was here. Letting go, she smiled. Her life was far from being helped. Everything that she's been through couldn't be erased. Her lifeless body sunk deeper into the ocean. No more breathing, no more pain, no more memories. Just a beautiful girl at the bottom of the ocean, only there because of the cruelty of this life.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
MenaceToSociety
Loyal

Re: Beautiful Ocean

Post by MenaceToSociety »

That's a really good short story. Keep writing more. I liked reading it... I got sucked into the story wanting to know what happened. That's always a good thing.