My Special Friend

Have you written a story? Even a poem? Post your artistic creations here!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Mau-Mau
Loyal

My Special Friend

Post by Mau-Mau »

Hi. Ok I dont know how come I wrote this! It just happend! Please tell me how you like it!

My Special Friend

Beautiful little things rocks are. So pretty in colour and so smooth to touch. First memory I have of a rock is when I was 6, my pet salamander ? Lanny? had escaped and I had found him near my well. He was lying on a huge rock in the middle of a stream. The colour of the rock was deep green, because of the water running over it. For years to come I went back to that spot and watched over my rock. As I grew older the rock stayed young and full of hope, just waiting for a new salamander to use it as a home or waiting for a bird to use it as a perch. It was my inspiration. I sat on it so many times through my years. This rock, my rock, heard every aspect of my life. The day I left for college was the hardest day of my life. Parting with my life time friend ?Rocky? was so difficult. I remember even after all these years how I went and knelt beside him and promised that even though I was gone nothing could ever part us forever. I can still see its sad surface an as some water from the stream splashed beside it, I could see he was crying. I left at that moment. My college years were great, sometimes I came to think about ?Rocky? and remembered all the great time we had together. But that was it, he was only a memory to me now. I had forgotten all the moments we had shared, I had forgotten all the time we spent together, I had forgotten my childhood friend. The one that in the long run would have always stayed solid for me. Now 30 years later I miss him. I wish I hadn?t been so wrapped up in my life, maybe I wouldn?t be writing this if I hadn?t. Each time I went back home during college he used to try to call to me. Reach out try to make me touch his smooth surface and we then could have the same bond we had had for years. But it never worked. I was someone now.. I was in college. I now realize that being someone with no one around you to support you is meaningless. I should have never abandoned my friend ?Rocky?.

Now after you read this how did you feel? Did you actually feel yourself connect with the person who lost her rock? If you did don?t worry you aren?t crazy! Try replacing the word rock with friend? Do you realize something? Friends are important. Many of us after high school leave for college and leave are friends behind wanting a new beginning. But I beg you today phone a friend. Tell her or him how much they mean to you. Don?t let love grow cold between you and them as our writer and ?Rocky? did.

Friends?Can strangle them at times, but we can?t live without them!

MAuR
Maur
hmmm
Loyal

Re: My Special Friend

Post by hmmm »

haha, I'm not sure replacing the word 'friend' with 'rock' or 'rocky' makes it a very flowing piece, but i see your point. When i was reading i was doing that in my head kind of anyway, thinking that the rock was acting as a kind of metaphor for a friend left behind. I really liked your story actually, in its simplicity it explored many aspects of life and friendship. I think i can relateto the little girl as well, cause im about to go off to university and im not sure how friendship will settle now that high schools over. I appreiciate the message behind the story and maybe through your expereince i can learn something.

Thanks!