Official State Your Spiritual Affiliation Topic...

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Lena
Veteran

Re: Official State Your Spiritual Affiliation Topic...

Post by Lena »

i would say im a 'lapsed' christian.

i have always wanted to believe in god and put my faith in him, but cant.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Mel
Loyal

Post by Mel »

Im a Christian. I guess Im a charismatic/evangelical.

We do the sort of more modern jumpy worship songs and are really strong on the Grace of God and taking scripture literally.

If I was to be totally honest though, I wouldnt class myself as a 'branch' of Christianity, Id say that I was a Christian, that I believe Jesus Christ is our saviour and he came down from Heaven and died on the cross to save us from our sins. He came to give us life and life to the full.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools

Survival is the ultimate ideology.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Me and my life: http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjm22/

Anyone wants to talk msn: mel_mitchener@hotmail.com I spend way too much time online
Lakshmi

Post by Lakshmi »

I am a Hindu, though I don't say what I believe is right. There could be many gods and goddesses, there could be none. We could live in the universe, or in the matrix, for all any of us know! Possibly, we're all ruled by aliens, or we could be reincarnated to a different planet, or go go to heaven or hell or have Nirvana or ressurection or maybe we disappear! Here's a scary thought; we could end up stuck in our graves for eternity, unable to get out because, duh, we're under six feet of dirt, and who the hell's gonna dig us out when we're dead? But let's hope it's not that. Anyways, I am very open minded, but I was brought up by hindus, so I guess that's what I'll call myself, to make everything just a little bit easier.

Namaste! ---Lakshmi---
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

i dunno what you would call me cos i belief in buddhism, wicca and christian. im just a mixture, i guess. :P
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

I honestly can't remember if I posted on here or not so in case I didn't...

I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I believe that, as stated in the Bible, He is the only way to Salvation. I believe He died for my sins and I owe everything to Him. I believe strongly in having a personal relationship with Christ. I do not believe in organized religion...I'm not against it, but I don't think it's as necessary as people make it out to be. Sure, going to Church is good, but by NO MEANS does it make you a "better Christian" than someone who doesn't go to Church and who worships God in their own way. If you have to put a label on me, though, I guess I would say I'm Lutheran.

I love Jesus :)
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
one
Loyal

Post by one »

well, i'm not entirely sure how i want to put this. i don't really want it to really drag out as long as possible, because i need some sleep. well, i was born into a christian family, baptised, at about 10 i decided to become an athiest, at 13 i had thoughts of becoming a wiccan or a buddhist. but then, i figured something out...

i am god

don't pray to me, i won't listen, you're on your own, i'm not here for help or guidance.

-Sean
would you like a spoon? -David RIP

no, i'm sorry, the correct answer is... "Through the Looking Glass"
depressedmoonchild
Loyal

Post by depressedmoonchild »

Im a wiccan and proud of it! Blessed be my friends.
Blessings and hugs

Moon Child

I do everything my rice crispies tell me to

I tried to contain myself but...I ESCAPED!

One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy.

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the straps<
belis
Loyal

Post by belis »

I was baptitased in Roman Catholic church so that is my official religion, but at the moment I don't feel that this play important role in my life. I am rather looking for answers on my one and trying to decide what I realy belive in.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Originally posted by purplefaerie@Apr 24 2004, 11:21 AM

christian now, and planning to stay that way!
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Tie77
Loyal

Post by Tie77 »

I'm athiest- I do belive in a better place but I do not call it Heavan- I do not belive in hell or any form of it.. And althought ppl tell me you have to have one with the other- I do not belive that.. Let me put it this way I belive there is another side but I don't belive the grass is more greener on the other side. I belive in something, I guess there is always a chance of it being a someone but that I can not determen at this point in my lyfe. Althought I want to more then most things.

I wish I could say more about my belifes but I can't b/c I'm not for sure on anything in life, God being one of them. Myself being another- Should I be here?

Am I really here? Is this a dream?
*??z?/????t?f?L*

ABCDLSD Gummie bears are chasing me, 1 is red, 1 is blue, 1 is eating my left shoe, ABCDEFG no more LSD for me

I <span style=\'color:red\'love you
is 8 letters, but then again so is bullshit..
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by purplefaerie+May 17 2004, 03:42 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (purplefaerie @ May 17 2004, 03:42 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-purplefaerie@Apr 24 2004, 11:21 AM

christian now, and planning to stay that way![/b][/quote]

Yay! Congrats :)

...Does anyone believe the same thing as me? ;)
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Originally posted by Kiyotie+May 29 2004, 06:48 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Kiyotie @ May 29 2004, 06:48 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by purplefaerie@May 17 2004, 03:42 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-purplefaerie
@Apr 24 2004, 11:21 AM

christian now, and planning to stay that way!
Yay! Congrats :)

...Does anyone believe the same thing as me? ;)[/b][/quote]

I dont really know what Luteran's believe in?

I believe in Chritanity, but I also believe in Wicca and Buddhism as well.

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Ok, what do Lutherans believe, you ask? Well, the following writing is based on information to the best of my knowledge, and by no means should it be held against me.

The teachings of Luther can be sumarized into three phrases: grace alone, faith alone, scripture alone. Let me go on to explain these in a little bit of depth...

? Grace alone

God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.

? Faith alone

By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this good news and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.

? Scripture alone

The Bible is God's inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ.

Remember, this is just what Lutherans believe. Hope I helped clear up any confusion.
That's from a post I made a while ago, Jills.

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

sounds pretty cool, holly! I've not really heard of luterans until i came to th

Angel Breaks says:

hpnotic-9
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by hpnotic-9 »

I am well .... no name for it i take beliefs from whatever fits, just as buddhism states " take from me what fits with u" how i feel in my heart whether it be one god or many or none i try and appreciate nature and use people and life as new lessons jesus was a philosopher, buddah, and so on it was there opinions and how we end up understanding what they taught. i try to stay away from organized religion it can be harmful and restricting on our minds . well thats just my thoughts...... :cap:
My friend, I am not what i seem. seeming is but a garment i wear- a care woven garment that protects me from thy questioning and thee from my negligence.

the "I" in me, my friend, dwells in the house of silence, and therein it shall remain for ever more, unperceived, unaprochable.

-Kahlil Gibran
Cenote
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by Cenote »

Im LDS, aka Mormon. I dont really know what to say... a lot of people have misconceptions about my religion, so if you have any questions, Ill do my best to answer them ^.^ PM would probably be best. Or you could make a new topic thread... Id most likely miss it tho, so you could make a thread then PM me about it... heh, I dont know :wacko: :P
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take a step into darkness of the unknown, we must believe one of two things will happen- there will be something solid for us to stand upon, or we will be taught to fly.
coolcatevie
Loyal

Post by coolcatevie »

i am a humanistic jew. im a jew that doesnt beleive in god, but the people and their way of life do you get what im saying? if not you can go to http://www.oradam.org
Lots of love,

Rachel

If you ever need any help I'm always here. Just contact me and I'll do the best I can!

Be OpTiMiStIc
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

erm..sorry i didnt know there was this...
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
misleadyouth
Loyal

Post by misleadyouth »

im supposed to be a christian, but i dont know anymore
LOVE IS A LIE

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Waiting on Redemption that will never come

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ill lock myself alone and I will drink until the clock strikes noon with just a pen a pill and some paper

mizleadyouth@hotmail.com

Will I Ever Be Good Enough For Her?