Getting Bashed (verbal)

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

turtbub
Veteran

Getting Bashed (verbal)

Post by turtbub »

has any out there ever been verbally bashed for their religion? me, i'm a christian, but i don't care what religion you are. just, have people every bashed you because of what you believed? i have been getting bashed a lot lately and it's really hard for me to keep pressing on and witnessing and believing. any advice or stories of encouragement? please help because i could REALLY use a good pick me up to stay out there and keep witnessing and caring.

hugs, hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
alnieve
Veteran

Re: Getting Bashed (verbal)

Post by alnieve »

Yeah I have. I live in a state where there are a ton of LDS people (likeat least 60% of the population is LDS) Anyways, I am Catholic. Sometimes people go a little over board with being LDS and despise other people with different religions. Either that or they try to convert them. It's pretty annoying actually.

But just stay stong in your faith, God will guide you through.

Much Love,

the girl next door
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

thanks. nice to know i'm not alone.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

Draco
Loyal

Post by Draco »

Yup, and it's getting to the point where I can't count how many times it is....I'm agnostic and every other religion feels the need to talk to me and try and convert me, even after they say "Are you intersted in learning about (insert religion here)?" I say no, and when they contine, I say I'm not intersted and they keep babling on....It's really, really, really annoying
Your life is only as good as you make it. The hardships of life will bring any of us to our knees. No matter how high-spritied, no matter how optimistic. It'll pull us down, drag us through the dirt. Our lives will feel empty and pathedic, we'll have everlasting sadness. Though we must wait it out, beacuse this is usaully only a temporary thing. You must keep faith in yourself, while keeping faith in others. Protect the ones that hold and love you, for they are the most important people in your lives

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

ugh. sounds awful. i wish religion wasn't such a big deal. i mean, can't we all just believe what we believe and let it be at that?

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

yes i have been. if only people would live and let live......

encouraging stories.....look up christians who have been persecuted on the web. eg st stephen.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

turtbub,

I feel the same way sometimes. Here is a prayer that might help you:

Dear Risen Lord, How hard it is to see clearly. How blurry everything gets. Even You get blurry, and the sound of Your voice becomes strangely unfamiliar. Help me to blink away those tears to see that You are standing beside me, wanting to know why I am crying...wanting to know where it hurts...wanting to wipe away every tear from my eyes. Thank You, Jesus, for being there, for never leaving me or forsaking me, even in the darkest and chilliest hours of my life.

-Ken Gire

And I hope these will give you comfort too:

We do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal flory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Jesus said, "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat - I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how." Luke 9:23

God understands that we are not strong all the time. Sometimes all we can do is rest in His arms as He takes the next few miles. Our legs may buckle under us, but we are not left lying by the side of the road like a failed runner counted out of the race. When our trust in Christ and our hearts are committed to our journey home, the One who walks beside us bends and gently pickes us up and carries us for a while." - Sheila Walsh

I'm here for ANYTHING if you need me!

Holly
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

ohhh... I was stood outside my college a few months back with some of my mates. (my college is an RC high school and college) . I'm not Catholic, but most people who go to St Marys are. Anyway, these guys walkig past the college saw us and starting chucking stuff at us, whilst chanting 'Bible Bashers'. Its not like I'm Christian, but really, calling someone 'Bible Basher' cos of them being Catholic? How pathetic.

I also get told at my college by some of my peers (lol, intelluctual sounding word!! :lol: ) that I am going to go to Hell cos I'm not christened and I'm also not Catholic. They make me laugh lol :rolleyes:

luv Ruth
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Sarcasm
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by Sarcasm »

I get it a lot, because I am of the religion begining with W that I'm not going to mention because I am not about to turn this thread into fire throwing. Anyone in Britain see the "Huntley the Witch" article in the Mirror this week? It's here: The Mirror - Huntley the Witch.I've been getting copies of that article thrown in my face all week along with random shouts of "devil's religion" and "your religion has killers in it!" ect ect ect. And I've had it before. Sometimes it does get to me, but mostly I just feel a little sorry for these igorant fools.

I say, keep smiling, and proove to the intolerance idiots that you're above their level of thinking.

Megan xx
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

I don't really get it with people I know off the internet, but on the internet I get bashed a lot. On here and on another help site where I talk about God. It's hard sometimes, but I always stick up for God 100% and never back down, because he deserves it!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

thanks so much, to all of you! your replies mean a lot and it's nice to know i'm not alone and to hear all of your good good advice!

purplefaerie, stephen's story is definitely a good one to read! totally encouraging!

holly, those are beautiful verses and quotes. thank you so much.

ruth, ugh. guys are such pigs. sorry you had to deal with that. thanks for the encouragement!

megan, i'm so sorry. it's true your religion gets the most bashing. and that's not right. THANK YOU though for giving your advice!!!

thedepressed1, you're right. he DOES deserve it! thank you!

and thank you to ALL of you! it means so much to me that you cared enough to write back! :D

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

hey hun, i know how you feel. ive been getting bashed because im christian latley.. :( it sucks becuase every a lot of people (no matter what religion) bash eachother to feel better baout themselves and stuff...just wanted to tel you, your not alone :)
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Draco
Loyal

Post by Draco »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Jul 17 2004, 02:01 PM

hey hun, i know how you feel. ive been getting bashed because im christian latley.. :( it sucks becuase every a lot of people (no matter what religion) bash eachother to feel better baout themselves and stuff...just wanted to tel you, your not alone :)
Ugh, 3/4 of this worlds' population doesn't know how to live and let live, because everyone thinks that their religion is the best, they must spread it on to others...Even if they say they don't wanna hear about it, but they must know!....Ugh, hate idoits like that, good cause yes, but leave people alone if they say they dunn wanna know about it.
Your life is only as good as you make it. The hardships of life will bring any of us to our knees. No matter how high-spritied, no matter how optimistic. It'll pull us down, drag us through the dirt. Our lives will feel empty and pathedic, we'll have everlasting sadness. Though we must wait it out, beacuse this is usaully only a temporary thing. You must keep faith in yourself, while keeping faith in others. Protect the ones that hold and love you, for they are the most important people in your lives

danc922
Dedicated

Post by danc922 »

gcfreekfan
Loyal

Post by gcfreekfan »

When i first started to study wicca it was realy hard for me. My friends and I all started at about the same time...so we of course talked about it. I was the first one to start studying then followed my friend Ashley then Kristen. In our school we where considored the goths, so we already had a pretty hard time. But then one day a popular boy was making fun of ashley and she was sitting their and jokingly said "ill put a spell on you if you dont shut up" (I did not support that at all. That only makes wicca sound worse....but none the less she said it) Becouse it was this guy, everyone knew about it. We would walk down the hall and people would screem stuff....like "bURN 'UM AT THE STAKE" and other realy bad things that would get censored if i wrote them. The next 2 weeks that followed was horrible...But when people found out the truth, that we where studying witched THEY FREAKED! It was the worste...I even think a teacher found out (She was realy christian and for some odd reason made me and Ashleys life horible from that point on) Luckly the school year was almost over! We survived things being wrote about us..things getting thrown at us...and these hurtfull words. I think that if it wouldnt had been the end of the year things would have gotten worse...alot worse. And the sad thing is, is that those people dont even know what wicca is....and Ashley did not make their picture any fonder....but i think people should think be4 they acuse.

Hope that helps.

~*~*~*Hannah~~*~*~*~*

P.S Im still studying. Dont let anyone get in the way of what you beileve! :santa:
XX:XXDEAD AND HELPLESSSTOP ABORTIONXX:XX

My Journal
gcfreekfan
Loyal

Post by gcfreekfan »

XX:XXDEAD AND HELPLESSSTOP ABORTIONXX:XX

My Journal