Christian Perspective

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

sugarpacket
Loyal

Christian Perspective

Post by sugarpacket »

h'okay... so i finally got around to best friend number two like i said i would...

i'm just experimenting, i don't know if i'm l/bi or just a straight girl interested in finding out more about her friends...

here's about my first kiss with best friend number one

AND NOW! this past weekend i got the euphoric experience that i was looking forward to...

it was... wonderful i love her so much *sigh* she's the best friend i could ask for. i don't know if i'm "in love" with her, but i sure don't mind kissing her... i don't want her to think that i'm weird ('cause i am pretty sure that she's not into that), but wow, do i like kissing her. gives me butterflies everytime i think about it...

wow, i really want to do it again. soon. she's a good kisser, and she said i'm good, but i'm worried she'll decline because she'll worry of where it's leading--and she's very concrete in her Christian beliefs--no "LGB" behavior *aie*

i'm still happy about it.

but does anyone have any thoughts on what christians tend to lean toward when it comes to this sort of behavior? i would like some hints, if nothing more ;)

thanks in advance :D
kiss, crush, bliss, blush... finally happy. so happy. so lucky.

diaLoGue shrUgGed
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Christian Perspective

Post by A! Elbereth »

Well technically a christian doesn't agree with the act of homosexuality.

But some people bend the rules to fit their wants so it depends on how strong of a christian your friend is, and what kind.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Sep 9 2004, 08:41 PM

But some people bend the rules to fit their wants so it depends on how strong of a christian your friend is, and what kind.

Or they do research that concludes with homosexuality not being wrong. But, you know, whatever...

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Christianity will go either way. You'll hear mostly that Christians do not condone acts that are homosexual. However, you'll find that a lot will go the other way and find that it's acceptable. You'd have to really figure that one out with her.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket »

thing is, i'm christian, too, and i certain don't see anything wrong with it.

it's always been my general belief that we should love all people, as christians, and that includes those that are not of our same background, race, religion, country, political beliefs... etc. as a christian, i'm supposed to look past those things and love EVERYONE.

but that's my opinion. i guess we're gonna have to talk this one over :shy:

anyone else have any thoughts???? i'd really like to hear from you :)

thanks so much!

diaLoGue shrUgGed
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

We are supposed to love everyone, yes, but we are also told by quite a few of the apostles and maybe even Jesus as well, not to tolerate sin. It also says we are not to be a stumbling block to others. What I mean by that is, if someone is having the same trouble with homosexuality and sorts youre not to go around and do the same thing.

In the so called "sin list" that our pastor created out of a ton of verses, Sexual immorality is included many times. Now since the bible says in the NT, not only the OT, If you cannot control your sexual desires let him (or her) marry lest they burn with a passion. Even in the NT it can be said that homosexuality is wrong. The 12 never EVER condoned homosexuality, not even once.

My advice to you, Stop what you are doing because it can easily lead to other more serious things. yeild not to temptation is what the bible says.

Control the lusts of the flesh (I.E. sex, among other things) Seek ye the Kingdom of God first.

There is another verse in romans that says if scripture does not cover a certain action (If its a sin or its ok) and you dont think you should do it, and you do it anyway, its a sin. However another person deems the same action as ok and he does it, he is not sinning. I dont really get it but, its there. Now this only applys to actions not covered by scripture.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

You can love a murderer, a liar, a thief, a drug user, but you don't love what it is they do. Homosexuality sits on the fence as far as its being stated wrong in the Bible. Sovek here believes it is wrong. I, personally, find homosexuality to be wrong. So I don't approve of the acts that someone who homosexual takes part in. However, I still love them just the same.

This will be something you think hard about. The hardest part will be to understand what you believe and that you're not bending anything to help give yourself in to your own desires. When you want something, its easy to let yourself bend things to fit your own wants. If you are to study up and research what you find is that homosexuality is okay, then you are okay I suppose. But if you find that homosexuality is not, then you've got decide, before hand, are you willing to give up your desires becasue it would be the right thing to do? If yes, you've done the right thing by yourself and by God. If not, then I'm sorry to say you'd be going back on your own beliefs and you'd need to go back to do some more thinking and research.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Doug+Sep 9 2004, 11:24 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Sep 9 2004, 11:24 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-A! Elbereth@Sep 9 2004, 08:41 PM

Or they do research that concludes with homosexuality not being wrong. But, you know, whatever...

Doug[/b][/quote]

haha

doug you really make me laugh sometimes...

But yeah i agree w/ doug here...homosexuality is not wrong ...

~Jeff~
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Sovek@Sep 10 2004, 12:31 PM

once.

My advice to you, Stop what you are doing because it can easily lead to other more serious things. yeild not to temptation is what the bible says.

Control the lusts of the flesh (I.E. sex, among other things) Seek ye the Kingdom of God first.

I disagree...do what you wanna do hun...If finding god is what you want to do there are still 80 years to do that...right now your are supposed to be living your life happy and if that means kissing a girl + then do that...You will be much happier being yourself then following a book and having to reference back to it to make sure its w/i the "rules"

~Jeff~
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Originally posted by Doug+Sep 9 2004, 08:24 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Sep 9 2004, 08:24 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-A! Elbereth@Sep 9 2004, 08:41 PM

Doug[/b][/quote]

Lol, since when does science prove morality? Opinion defines morality, therefore you have an opinion that it isn't wrong, and I have an opinion that it is. In our own personal terms.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

::yawn::

Who gives a shit? You're kissing other chicks. Yay, I do that too. They're Christian. Yay, my fuck buddy is Christian.

Should you care whether people agree with your actions or not? No. I live my life to the fullest day by day, and I could care less whether Christian's think I'm going to hell or not. I'm doing what I feel is right, and they have no right telling me who I should be bedding with.

As for your friend, I'm suprised that she's doing that. Most Christians (is she DEVOUT devout) would never do such a thing...but hell. You're benefiting from it. Don't bother with questioning her.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket »

wow, so many things to think about....
Sovek

Even in the NT it can be said that homosexuality is wrong. The 12 never EVER condoned homosexuality, not even once.

d'ya happen to know where that is, perhaps? i'm interested to know just because i think that a written reason in the Bible would be beneficial to my "research" at this time.

PurplePoemPuppet

When you want something, its easy to let yourself bend things to fit your own wants.

that is very true. i hope to not do that in asking opinions of others. shedding light on the topic with perspectives i may not have seen is what i'm hoping to find by presenting this topic to all of you :)

i really appreciate your thoughts on this, and i hope that i can count on you to help me find my way through this situation--whether you're on my side or not.

~*~AiM_uSeR~*~

You will be much happier being yourself then following a book and having to reference back to it to make sure its w/i the "rules"

problem is that i'm trying to respect -her- beliefs and stumble around what building blocks are established in my own... i want to do right by God, but i also want to be happy, i want my friends to be happy, and i want to be accepted (i think?). this is all me wondering where i am spiritually and sexually.

Paris In Flames

Most Christians (is she DEVOUT devout) would never do such a thing...but hell. You're benefiting from it.

thing is, (the second friend that i kissed, which is the one i mentioned mainly) she IS like definition devout--or damn near, anyway. but i asked both of my friends that i kissed whether they wanted to--and BOTH said okay, and both were totally responsive in the act.

i care for them so much, and i guess kissing them is just another way to show them that i care (?)

i'm glad that so many of you are willing to share your views---i can't tell you how much i appreciate the responses, affirmative or otherwise :hug:

diaLoGue shrUgGed
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Here are a couple of articles for you to read. You will find on the internet many things that will approve homosexuality with the Bible and many things that disapprove of homosexuality within the Bible. But that's where you determine for yourself what you believe is right. And do this from your own instincts. Not the instincts that tell you that you want it to be okay for you to kiss another girl, but the instincts that nudge at you what you believe is right. (I don't know if that made sense to you but I've been reading an awesome book that sort of explains that kind of thing... hopefully that made sense to you). Anyway, here are the articles....

http://www.mccchurch.org/HandBible/lawoflove.htm

http://www.anglicanmedia.com.au/old/cul/davies_fif.htm

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i dont think homosexuality is wrong just like being straight isnt wrong.., i think religion and sexuality should be separated , and u should be able to do what u want, how is it a sin to love someone? who cares what sex they are? the world is so full of hate that we need love , i got friends who are gay and they are the sweetest most caring people , they're not sinners or whatever
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Everyone is a sinner... but anyways, I think PPP answered this question right though, and a few others. We don't need any arguments springing out of this thread, too.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Sep 11 2004, 07:52 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (~*~AiM_uSeR~*~ @ Sep 11 2004, 07:52 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-5a5@Sep 11 2004, 11:51 AM

i dont think homosexuality is wrong just like being straight isnt wrong.., i think religion and sexuality should be separated ,? and u should be able to do what u want, how is it a sin to love someone? who cares what sex they are? the world is so full of hate that we need love , i got friends who are gay and they are the sweetest most caring people , they're not sinners or whatever

o...m...g...that is soo correct i couldn't have said it better myself!

I am speechless...it was soo perfectly worded and stated that i just wanted to quote it and say that this was very well worded and 100% agree w/ it....

~Jeff~[/b][/quote]

thanx :) i stand behind it 100% too, i mean what's the point of complicating our already complicated lives? love is love , and in the reality we live in today it's not a sin, and if it it then fine i'd rather be a sinner, than not be loved :)
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

awwww. guys you're all so open. it's soooo refreshing and sweet. :)

yeah, well, see, according to the bible being gay is a sin. i don't know why being gay is a sin and being straight isn't, just cuz God said so i suppose and that's all the reason i need. but that doesn't mean i don't love people who are gay. i have friends who are gay and i love them anyway! they now i disagree with what they do, but that's where we keep it. and it's okay. but, i dunno, i just know that being gay IS a sin. but i still love people regardless.

just another opinion into the ring! :)

hugs and prayers, hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna