Forgive Me For Not Being Gay

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Forgive Me For Not Being Gay

Post by A! Elbereth »

Basically, God said himself that sex and sexuality is a thing of the earth, that there is no sexuality or gender in heaven. The only reason there is sex and sexuality is so that we could regenerate. He is responsible for giving us the tools to make children, but he has no responsibility over what acts you choose to do with those tools, per se. See, your body is seperate from your soul. He is in charge of your soul, and not your body (which is sexuality).

If someone has been taught otherwise, it's not my business to nay say anything. Between them and God only, but this is my take on it all.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Dec 30 2004, 10:05 PM

Basically, God said himself that sex and sexuality is a thing of the earth, that there is no sexuality or gender in heaven. The only reason there is sex and sexuality is so that we could regenerate. He is responsible for giving us the tools to make children, but he has no responsibility over what acts you choose to do with those tools, per se. See, your body is seperate from your soul. He is in charge of your soul, and not your body (which is sexuality).

If someone has been taught otherwise, it's not my business to nay say anything. Between them and God only, but this is my take on it all.

[right][/right]

Sexuality and Spirtuality are inter-twined, therin your soul is. These 'rules' of religion, and monogamy weren't made up and pulled out of somebody's ass. I think one of the things that often gets confused with human bodys is that they are just the 'host' of the spirit[uality], which really discredits us as human beings..

Growing with our soul requires a body, sexuality relates to the body and mind, which relates to the spirituality, I really don't see how you or "god" separate them.

I don't "Think" I was born gay, I know. From day one before I knew what "gay" was, I've been homosexual.

In the same way that I don't disrespect you or your religion, don't disrespect my sexuality. Thanks.
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I agree w/ nick...

the sexuality does deal w/ the soul because its who we are and the soul is us...

See the reason i don't like the whole purpose of religion is becuase they focus on a certain manority to critize to take away the pain from their life...

The christian faith reminds me soo much of the bullies in highschool...they think that they are superior and make fun of, critize, verbally harass, the minority...

I dunno...thats my thoughts...

People see homosexualty as a choice and its not...its something you are born w/...something that you must live w/...and something you must love...

your sexuality is who you are...like you are obvious a hetero...thats who you are...you didn't choose to be a hetero...its how you were born...its part of your soul - your spirit - your identity - you...

~Jeff~
Dark
Loyal

Post by Dark »

*sigh* While I may not speak for everyone, this is how I feel. Alright people who think it's a choice...Could you ever picture yourself liking someone of your sex? Having sexual intercourse with them? No? Well, it's the same way here..I can't picture myself doing anything with someone from the opposite sex...The thought just quickly fades...
Beautiful:I thought this was helping teens.. not i wanna be a whore, profit my videos?
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Dec 30 2004, 10:28 PM

I agree w/ nick...

the sexuality does deal w/ the soul because its who we are and the soul is us...

See the reason i don't like the whole purpose of religion is becuase they focus on a certain manority to critize to take away the pain from their life...

The christian faith reminds me soo much of the bullies in highschool...they think that they are superior and make fun of, critize, verbally harass, the minority...

People see homosexualty as a choice and its not...its something you are born w/...something that you must live w/...and something you must love...

your sexuality is who you are...like you are obvious a hetero...thats who you are...you didn't choose to be a hetero...its how you were born...its part of your soul - your spirit - your identity - you...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

I'm sorry, but thats probably the most intelligent thing I've seen from you ever.. No offense, you usually just don't post that way.. Like, that was deep and non-fluffy Jeff.. wow..

:D

and yes, you "think" you're straight? ?? point made (thanks jeff)
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

In the same way that I don't disrespect you or your religion, don't disrespect my sexuality. Thanks.

The only one who's shown in disrespect around here is you. You just deliberately told me everything I believe was pulled out of 'somebody's ass', while I tried in everyway to answer someone's question while keeping opnions completely neutral. I'm stating what my religion says (I believe that's what he asked), and you are telling me I'm full of shit.

No, thank you. For reminding me why I don't post in these topics anymore.

End of discussion here.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Dec 30 2004, 07:28 PM

[right][/right]

Man that's like ouch Jeff and I disagree with the intelligence of this post (and not to doubt your intelligence of course Jeff). It's another stereotype but you've placed it on Christians thinking that somehow being "religious" makes Christians better than everyone else. For one, Christians aren't any better than anyone else. People put Christians on pedastal as if that's where we're supposed to sit or something. Honestly I don't understand it. Maybe it's simply an historical thing that's just been passed down through the ages since the clergy were way up there as they were the closest thing to God. But come on, christian faith is like being a bully? That's entirely inaccurate. If you were to put yourself into the practice of Christian faith and Christian spirituality, you would find that there are just fundamental human errors in their practices. It's not the Christian faith, it's a common misconception. While it's a big one where if you feel it from even just a few... that few is a lot. But these "bullies" are not everyone. Not everyone practices their faith in a manner that others who aren't Christian suffer. I'm really sorry you feel this way.

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Dec 30 2004, 07:28 PM

your sexuality is who you are...like you are obvious a hetero...thats who you are...you didn't choose to be a hetero...its how you were born...its part of your soul - your spirit - your identity - you...[right][/right]

I think it's a bad statement to say that your sexuality makes you who you are and perhaps you didn't intend it to sound the way it does. It may be a factor and play a role in who you are as you started to say... it's part of your soul, but does not" make the man", so to speak. Who you are is a reflection of the person you are... and it's a difficult thing to explain so I'll leave it at that. Sexuality is not simply who you are; sexuality is simply another characteristic of your natural being, whether by choice birth.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

yeah i am with A! on this....as a homosexual and a Christian i tend to see both points of view and really you completely disrespected her religion and then said she was being disrespectful of your sexuality when in reality she wasn't...she never condemned you...she just stated how her religion is involved in this and all she got was disrespect even though she was completely respectful...

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Dec 31 2004, 01:08 AM

The only one who's shown in disrespect around here is you. You just deliberately told me everything I believe was pulled out of 'somebody's ass', while I tried in everyway to answer someone's question while keeping opnions completely neutral. I'm stating what my religion says (I believe that's what he asked), and you are telling me I'm full of shit.

No, thank you. For reminding me why I don't post in these topics anymore.

End of discussion here.

[right][/right]

These 'rules' of religion, and monogamy weren't made up and pulled out of somebody's ass.

Read again, as per usual, you are wrong about what i've stated.

As for not participating in a discussion, maybe that's a good idea, because at the first sign of somebody not entirely agreeing with you, you throw a fit... right..
--nj

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Quit the arguing. There was disagreement and now tension is getting in there. Let's just not let it get carried away. A good topic might have to be closed because of that... and we don't want that happening.

archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Dec 27 2004, 09:40 PM

i repsect their opinions though they are wrong [right][/right]

Ooooooooooooooo very close to causing an all-out war here! Just to clarify, did you mean

a) I respect the opinions of Christians, even though they are wrong

b) I respect the opinions of people who believe that Homosexuals will go to hell, even though they are wrong.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by archers_angel+Jan 7 2005, 06:35 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Ooooooooooooooo very close to causing an all-out war here! Just to clarify, did you mean

a) I respect the opinions of Christians, even though they are wrong

b) I respect the opinions of people who believe that Homosexuals will go to hell, even though they are wrong.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

A...

People who believe homosexuals are going to hell are just totally ignorant...and very rude to say that - might I add...

Thats like saying "Becuase you are black you will be going to hell..." <- isn't that rude? Yes it is...and saying homosexuals will go to hell is rude too...

I totally do not respect people that say homosexuals will go to hell...saying that is plain rude

~Jeff~

*edit - had to take out a few words that weren't very appropriate...*
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Well, I don't know who is and who isn't going to hell... I don't know anyone like God does. I just know what he tells us to do and tells us not to do in the Bible, and I personally follow that. That's all.

Peace?
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hmm...

See what you said i find as being a total dictator...

Why don't people live the life they want to live?

Why don't people think for themselves?

Instead of living the way "god" wants them to live and instead of thinking what "god" wants them to think??

~Jeff~
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Jan 8 2005, 06:40 PM

Hmm...

See what you said i find as being a total dictator...

Why don't people live the life they want to live?

Why don't people think for themselves?

Instead of living the way "god" wants them to live and instead of thinking what "god" wants them to think??

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

You know... this is like the comparison, there is a point in your life where all you do is live the way your parents want you to live. You follow their rules and if you don't, there are consequences. When you get older, you begin to better understand the orders of your parents and the workings of the world, in which case you sometimes choose whether or not you follow their rules or instructions.

Following God is a similar concept. When you're young and go to sunday school (if you grew up in a Christian home), typically you discover that you're following everything as it's told to you. But as you get older, you start to see that you have a choice. The choice is between God and all else there is. Sometimes people don't educate themselves as deeply as they can to understand their belief in God. Sometimes people just plain don't have a true understanding of their beliefs because maybe they are divided or simply cannot grasp the concepts.

So now to straightly answer your questions. One, people DO live the way they want to live. People DO live how God wants them to live because it is a belief that it is the right way to live, the way that they should want to live and DO want to live. Two, people DO think for themselves. They grow up and begin to question this so-called God who has given instructions to us about the proper way to live our lives. People agonize over this. They read, ask questions, struggle with life, ask more questions, read some more... they do all they can to soak it up and figure it out. And you know what? People come to find that God is who they believe in. Some don't too.

Don't assume that Christians are mindless creatures who follow the leader because they can't think for themselves. Most Christians are people who were afraid to follow the leader at one point, or even people who thought that the leader was stupid and inconceivable. It's a personal conviction. It's very much like how I was told that someone believes in ghosts based on this experience she had. Honestly, based on the experience foretold, it was rather unbelievable, however... her experience is credible for her. For me, there's not much in it for me to believe because it didn't happen to me. It's a personal choice, a personal experience, a personal love for Christ that you have not felt. Perhaps you will never feel it either. Whether or not it happens, the point remains that each and every person has their own story to tell. What may be true for one person may not be true for the next. All simply told, don't make too many assumptions about Christian living and beliefs.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hun, yeah i know what you are saying...that it is their belif and everything but sometimes i feel that the christian populartion is brainwashed - or so it seems when i go to church around here...

I was raised christian - church everyweek, sunday school, etc...and i believed in it until i actually started to listen to the readings...untill i started listening to the sermans and instead of having the words absorbed by my brain i thought about them and actually anaylisted them and used logic w/ the readings and it didn't make sence and the more and more i thought about the faith the less and less i believed...

I dunno...religion is a sticky position...to me its totally unbelievable and can be disproven by logic and i believe 100% that i am right and you are 100% you are right and you back it up w/ the religion..

~Jeff~