Do You Have Any Bible Questions That I

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

silvertears
Loyal

Re: Do You Have Any Bible Questions That I

Post by silvertears »

i def. am christian and because God gave these people who wrote the bible the word, i feel obligated to use n e part of the bible i want to to prove a point to someone about something in the bible.. dont tell me im not a christian when i have so much faith in him and pray with all i have in me that he will forgive me of my sins and he always comes through and tells me that ill be ok... and ill be just as stubborn as u all and say that there is nothing in this world that will make me turn my back on him again...
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

<span style=\'font-family:Times\'I understand what you are saying OnlyInside but as long as you ask for forgiveness for your sins then you can live in the future. I think that Christians say that "being gay is bad" or whatever because the homosexuals do not ask for forgiveness because they do not believe it is a sin. We all have committed sin in our lives so God isn't going to send us all to hell. I think he just wants to know that you know you made some bad choices and you are sorry for them.
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Wait...what? Sorry, maybe I'm just being dumb, but I didn't really understand that. Is that any way you can rephrase what you just said? because, for some reason, it didn't make sense to me. :huh:

OI
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

Originally posted by OnlyInside@Feb 11 2005, 04:06 PM

Wait...what?? Sorry, maybe I'm just being dumb, but I didn't really understand that.? Is that any way you can rephrase what you just said?? because, for some reason, it didn't make sense to me.? :huh:

OI

[right][/right]

<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Sorry I am sick and my head is cloudy I will try my best to rephrase.

I was saying that you were saying to people "do they eat seafood" and all that stuff. I am not a bible reader so I don't know if that is considered a sin but if it is as long as you ask God to forgive you he will. Most homosexuals maybe even all believe they are committing no sin and therefore do not have to ask God to forgive them. In that case is why I think that Christians believe that "being gay is bad" because the homosexuals will never ask forgiveness for their sin.

Hmm did that make any sense?
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Yeah, that made sense. :)

I was using the seafood example because Leviticus and Duderatomy (sp?) both state that anyone who eats seafood is committing a sin. However, no christian follows that rule (or the other outdated rules in those chapters), so they have no right to use those chapters to say, "Look! Being homoseuxal is a sin!"

To add to what you said, I've heard some Christians say that the definition of a sin is "An act knowingly committed against God." If this is true (I'm not sure if it is), then homosexuals (most if not all) are not committing a sin because they do not believe it is against God.

Christians, in my personal opinion, who believe that homosexuality is a sin believe this for one of two reasons: 1) They have been told this their entire lives, and thus take these statements at face value or 2) Misunderstand the Bible and how Christians are supposed to follow the Bible.

Obviously 2 will be my opinion against theirs until we both die and find out what the truth is.

OI
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

the bibile also says in leviticus 13 that "The leprous person who has the disease shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry out, 'Unclean, unclean.' He shall remain unclean as long as he has the disease. He is unclean. He shall live alone.". Do we still do that? Are people who are sick and in the hospitals committing sins?

And it also says that a whole buncha people can't come to make an offering to god...let me look it up....oh look, MORE leviticus. (21: 6-21)

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

So does that mean that cripples can't come to the churches and make offerings to God? Does that make them sinners? The bible jsut really makes no sense to me.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Ok, sorry...I'll quote something from the New Testament instead of the old, because as it was said earlier we dont do some things that are mentioned in the Old Testament because Jesus' death changed some of that.......

In Romans 1:26-27

"For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly and recompence of their error which was meet."

In my bible, it has 'recompence' translated as 'shameful'

I thought I would say this to show that in the Old and New Testament you will find that being gay or bi is wrong according to the bible......
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Thank you GodsChild... Can you explain more about the end you were talking about.. and where could I find that in my Bible?
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I was watching GAY USA (news program) and they said a guy a governor said that he would pay anyone $700 to show him in the bible where it says marriage is to only be bettween man and woman....

So just curious, does it say that in the bible or is it something htat people just "infer" from the man-written book?

~Jeff~
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Jeff,

It's something people infer.

OI
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by SexyMandy@Feb 19 2005, 11:01 PM

Thank you GodsChild... Can you explain more about the end you were talking about.. and where could I find that in my Bible?

[right][/right]

Ok Mandy, I'm SOO glad you asked that question because the End of Time is my favorite subject to talk about! The End of Time is exactly what it says, the end of all time here on earth as we know it...The earth shall be destroyed by fire (because God promised that He would never destroy the earth with water again) and He will create a New Heaven and a New Earth....Also thats when people are going to be judged...Also known as Judgment Day...There are several signs that are given in the Bible that tell about the coming of the End....One of my favorite passages about the End is in Matthew 24:3-14.....Also you can read all through Revealtion about the End of Time and about what happens while the Anti-Christ rules the earth....

-Also in Mark 13:3-13- Tells about the End

-Mark 13:24-27 -Talks about the Coming of the Son of Man - Jesus

-Mark 13:28 - Read this and take it into consideration

-Luke 21:7-19- Tells about the Signs of the End of the Age

-Revelation 21- talks about the New Heaven and new earth

-Revelation 22- Talks about the end of time being near

If this doesnt answer your question or if you or anybody else has another question please ask.....Thanks!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by OnlyInside@Feb 21 2005, 01:32 PM

Jeff,

It's something people infer.

OI

[right][/right]

yeah exactitly its something people infer thus it can't be seen lagitamit enough to base your beliefs around...

I could pick up the bible and make total non-sence about it and quote things that i infer to make it sound like something when in reality it never says anything about it in the bible...

never...

~Jeff~
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

thats why some people give the exact place to find what they are saying in the bible.. the bible is a very tricky book to read, and if u dont know what your doin u might take it wrong, so unless u pray about understandings of the bible, you most likely wont get some of it
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Thanks .. I looked into that.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy