Atheist Or No...

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

BittersweetSurrender
Loyal

Atheist Or No...

Post by BittersweetSurrender »

well, as usual, i'm having problems with questioning my religion... I think I'm atheist now or at least agnostic... i know i'm not christian and i'm starting to think twice about being wiccan as well. I just don't know anymore. it's so confusing.... i just wish i could make up my mind! grrr...

-me
~*Becky*~

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Atheist Or No...

Post by A! Elbereth »

Remember that you should choose your religion according to what you believe is true. Religion isn't meant to revolve around us, so don't choose something because you like how it works. Choose it because you believe it.

Seek out the truth, and you will find it.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Like Elbereth said, you just have to keep searching Becky. When you find the truth you'll know.

:hug:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hmm...just follow your heart and do what seems right.

An atheist or wiccan? That's interesting - becaues they're on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. Wiccans beleive in the supernatural and think that they can cast spells.

Atheists are skeptics.

I'm an atheist and I think it's fabulous. Whatever floats your boat though. If you DO choose a religion - check out Buddhism. Amazing ideals...that is.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i agree w/ jenna...

just search around and if you realize that you do not believe in anything that set, just believe in yourself and be atheist like me :)

~Jeff~
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

It may take time to find what you believe, dont try to rush it. Think it through. Good luck!
Loyal

Post by 309756 »

Rational and secular inquiry works best.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Youy have to keep searching around until something speaks to you and it feels right, whether it means being atheist or having a religion. There are all sorts of religions...maybe one will feel right for you and you'll feel comfortable with that and it matches the beliefs you have?

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Anna_Banana
Loyal

Post by Anna_Banana »

i agree with Jenna...follow your heart...there may not be proof that God exsists but that doesn't mean you can't believe...i, personally, am wiccan.

if you need to talk feel free to pm me anytime

<3333 Anneliese
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Start with the fundamental questions. You cannot know anything unless you know what composes something. That is, You cannot know X without defining X. More often then not, the image of God is distorted by different interpretations of God's behavior. However, the true question is that no one can know God's behavior without knowing what God is. Perhaps your dilemma is exactly that, what is God? Or, why exactly do the powers of wicca exist?

As for Atheists being skeptics, I beg to differ. Atheists are not skeptics; they are people who have concluded their reasoning. To be skeptical is to question concepts; atheists have decided on concepts.
Anna_Banana
Loyal

Post by Anna_Banana »

^^that's very true. i agree with you

if you need to talk feel free to pm me anytime

<3333 Anneliese
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

Make a list of what you believe compare this with a variety of beliefs whichever matches you could be that but for now you are just you continue the search for what you find to be most right...-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]