End Of The World

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

End Of The World

Post by Bleeding~Hero » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:18 am

So my friends and I have been getting together lately and chatting about the end of the world. Let's not deny it, it will happen sooner or later. Anyway, so we've basically boiled all our research down into ONE year. The Bible, Mayan Calendar, prophocies and all that predict the world will end in the year 2012. Now, wether you believe all of it or not is your own opinion, but alot of scientists and historians have concluded that basically, if the past was ever trying to tell us when the world would end, it would be that year. It is the most commonly predicted year for The End. The Mayan Calendar specifically ends on December 21, 2012. Why it just stops there, historians dont know.

Any thoughts of your own?

!XogFog
Loyal

Re: End Of The World

Post by !XogFog » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:35 am

The Bible doesn't say anything about the year 2012. Show me your proof.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:19 pm

the mayans are a dead civilization wiped out by the flu and pnuemonia i dont think thier opinion on when the world will end counts...

and i too would like to know where in the bible you found this. No man knows when it will come , thief in the night... or something along those lines is what it says... -MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:13 pm

Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:49 pm

these are prolly the same scientists who said Y2K was the end
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:42 pm

Hey, when the world starts ending, I'll start praying. :-P

Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:10 am

There's a book called "101 Reasons Why Jesus Will Return in 1986"

read it, it makes some good points. I believe it.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:33 am

G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:02 am

*edit*
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:01 pm

The world won't end, but the world as we know it will end eventually.

There's no way to predict it, and I firmly stick to that fact.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.

AWasteOfPaint
Loyal

Post by AWasteOfPaint » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:04 pm

i could end it. now. and youd be wrong.

PS. the pope is the anti-christ...
what a long strange trip its been

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:34 am

I'm never wrong.

I'm just joshing ya. OH!
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:10 pm

Originally posted by LostMySanity@Oct 8 2005, 11:19 AM

the mayans are a dead civilization wiped out by the flu and pnuemonia i dont think thier opinion on when the world will end counts...

[right][/right]

So are you saying that anything the Mayans did is irrelevant simply because they were wiped out? The Mayans had one of the most advanced civilizations of the times in the 1500's, with higher understandings of math and astronomy. So don't count them out just because they were conquered and ultimately victims of genocide. The Jews were also victims of genocide as well as a conquered people, but they still produced the likes of Einstein and countless others. Keep in mind that in that time period influenza and pnuemonia were responsible for many many deaths. It'd be like saying that people who die of cancer and AIDS, that their opinions don't matter. Rome is a dead civilization, and yet, it is the basis for many things that the Western world holds dear, like oh, democracy, commerce, roads, a money economy, and sex with minors.

But anyways, there will always be people trying to predict the end of the world. The world was supposed to end in the year 2000, again in the year 2001, back during WW II, during the Cold War, the fact that I just sneezed could probably cause some conspiracy theorists to start hypothesizing that it is predicting that the world will end. It's quite a silly and frivilous waste of time if you ask me. The world will end when it ends, why waste time worrying about something that you have no control over?

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Lisa
Loyal

Post by Lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:33 pm

In my little brain that i have i thought once it would be 6-6-06 but that is just me and my little brain :shit:
Being gay doesn't make you any more or less of a person, it's who you are and you can't help loving whom you love. -Jess

Life

silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:37 am

Originally posted by pandasandpenguins@Oct 8 2005, 03:42 PM

Hey, when the world starts ending, I'll start praying. :-P

[right][/right]

Well hun, if you stick to your quote just then, you should fall on your knees and pray right now..

On topic though, i dunno when it will end but biblically speaking, i believe that this is the generation that will see the Lord parting the eastern sky.. because the time IS nigh, and i could care less quite frankly who believes that..

But as far as a certain date.. in the Bible it says that Jesus will return when NO ONE is expecting it..
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:06 pm

Originally posted by silvertears+Oct 16 2005, 09:37 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Well hun, if you stick to your quote just then, you should fall on your knees and pray right now..

On topic though, i dunno when it will end but biblically speaking, i believe that this is the generation that will see the Lord parting the eastern sky.. because the time IS nigh, and i could care less quite frankly who believes that..

But as far as a certain date.. in the Bible it says that Jesus will return when NO ONE is expecting it..

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

You're expecting it, it would seem, so doesn't that mean that he's not coming back now?

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:19 am

Originally posted by !XogFog@Oct 17 2005, 02:06 PM

You're expecting it, it would seem, so doesn't that mean that he's not coming back now?

[right][/right]

:rolleyes: No one can expect the exact moment.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:18 pm

Originally posted by !XogFog@Oct 8 2005, 06:35 AM

The Bible doesn't say anything about the year 2012. Show me your proof.

[right][/right]

ok, first of all, no, i didnt personally go into the bible and tell you it says that. but according to what i've read about what the bible is "supposed" to say, the people who did it used alot of math to figure it out. so dont go eating my soul because of what THEY said.

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Oct 10 2005, 01:01 AM

The world won't end, but the world as we know it will end eventually.

There's no way to predict it, and I firmly stick to that fact.

[right][/right]

the idea that the world will end is kind of a logic thing. Stephen Hawking and Einstein have pretty much come to the conclusion that the universe will end (its alot of science stuff, im still reading the book...so i still dont know how they got to that conclusion). secondly, it's murphy's law, "if it can happen, it eventually will".

and for the rest of, i want to say, that i don't spend hours upon hours of my life, reading, thinking, searching for answers to the end of the world, ok? i just told you what i found. it's not like i was sitting here, telling you all to dig a shelter, pray for forgiveness, and say your last good byes, ok? it was more like, "here's what i found, let's discuss", so dont blow it all out of proportion shall we?

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:41 am

Originally posted by Bleeding~Hero+Oct 22 2005, 07:18 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

ok, first of all, no, i didnt personally go into the bible and tell you it says that. but according to what i've read about what the bible is "supposed" to say, the people who did it used alot of math to figure it out. so dont go eating my soul because of what THEY said.

[/b][/quote]

I'm not eating your soul, but if you can't logically defend, or at the very least point to some evidence for (heck, just go back and open up whatever books it was you read this in), your theory, don't expect anyone with sense to pay any attention to you.

Originally posted by Bleeding~Hero+Oct 22 2005, 07:18 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

the idea that the world will end is kind of a logic thing. Stephen Hawking and Einstein have pretty much come to the conclusion that the universe will end (its alot of science stuff, im still reading the book...so i still dont know how they got to that conclusion). secondly, it's murphy's law, "if it can happen, it eventually will".

and for the rest of, i want to say, that i don't spend hours upon hours of my life, reading, thinking, searching for answers to the end of the world, ok? i just told you what i found. it's not like i was sitting here, telling you all to dig a shelter, pray for forgiveness, and say your last good byes, ok? it was more like, "here's what i found, let's discuss", so dont blow it all out of proportion shall we?

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Murphy's Law so isn't an actual scientific law.