Rape

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Rape

Post by Jaegermeister »

Ok this was a thought of mine spawned from the comments Emily made, and to Emily, I hope you don't think I'm implying anything about your situation or what happened to you, because I don't know what happened to you, and I certainly don't mean to imply that you did anything wrong.

Anywho, so back in the day when a woman was raped, it was said to be the woman's fault for wearing seductive clothes or making offers that she didn't mean or something like that. Now a days, the situation is reversed and it's completely the man's fault for the incident. Do you agree with this?

TJ

PS I'll post my opinion later. I'm interested in hearing other people's first.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Re: Rape

Post by daffodildreams »

OK I'll be the first to admit that last week when I was walking through the town with my boyfriend around 8pm and all the clubs were starting to fill up..

A girl was walking along with a skirt around her WAIST, I mean serious. It was a hankerchief IF THAT! and loudly I said as I walked past "IT'S NO WONDER GIRLS GET RAPED NOWADAYS!!"

Some bring it on themselves when they don't take the adequate precautions to wear CLOTHES which cover their THIGHS but sometimes it can just be the girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time :(

The only person to blame is the person who carries out the rape, because they are the ones who caused it.

A woman should be able to wear what she likes when she leaves the house without attracting unwanted attention from rapists etc. but sadly, she can't. There are too many sick sick people out there.
AZNRAPPER
Loyal

Post by AZNRAPPER »

in my opinion it is totally the person who did the actual forcing/rape. (i don't say he because guys can get raped too) my feeling is that if the person is wearing some super slutty clothes it's not their fault but they aren't really doing anything to prevent it. i think it's always the forcful person's fault because they are the ones doing the action and it's them doing it. if they learned to control themselves nothing bad would happen.
I just want to say that everything I say is my opinion and isn't meant to hurt or offend anyone. If i do i'm sincerely sorry and you can PM me about it.

click here, funny stuff
Hammurabi
Loyal

Post by Hammurabi »

bullshit. girls don't ask to be raped.
Look...there's blood under that bridge...

(angst=ambience)
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

A woman should be able to wear what she likes when she leaves the house without attracting unwanted attention from rapists etc. but sadly, she can't.

No, not really. There are limits to propriety, decency, and sensibility that should be followed, if not, well, you're the one who picked out the clothes.

I think that of course it's the agressor's fault, he committed the act. However, a girl should be taking along a healthy dose of common sense out with her wherever she goes. It's moronic to think that women can just lark around without a care in the world and not worry about getting raped (or mugged, or murdered, ect...), because no one can do that. For example, a woman is walking around, alone, at night, in the seedier parts of town, wearing fishnet stockings, a skirt that is smaller than most hand towels, and a shirt that reveals more than it covers. Then she get's raped. I don't think the man should be punished any less, but I think the woman should be punished too for being a moron!

I think that there are many things that make some women a more likely victim of rape, and women should avoid those things. Such things are dressing in appropriate attire. Another would be to carry a whistle or mace, or some sort of weapon. Another would be to not walk alone, or if you really want to, know the basics of self defense. Carry a cell phone, and make sure the hotkey to 911 is activated (Interesting sidenote: all cell phones are equipped with a hotkey for 911. Most can be deactivated. They are usually the number key 1 or 9, look for the red key. All you have to do is press and hold that key for a few seconds and 911 will automatically called).

(i don't say he because guys can get raped too)
Yes, men can be raped. In fact, 10% of all rape victims are men. What isn't stated is that of the 10% that are men, I think that it's something like 70% of them are commited by other men. I use the word he as the rapist because it's simpler, and the majority of rapists are men. I'm sorry if I offended any of you female rapists out there ;)

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

I agree with Squee. It's the raper's fault, but you should be responsible. If you dress like a w*re people are going to take you for a w*re. That should have nothing to do with who gets the blame, but it's just common sense, you know?
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
AZNRAPPER
Loyal

Post by AZNRAPPER »

common sense is definatly huge. in many areas just a little bit of common sense would prevent so much bad stuff from happening.
I just want to say that everything I say is my opinion and isn't meant to hurt or offend anyone. If i do i'm sincerely sorry and you can PM me about it.

click here, funny stuff
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

thats like saying its her fault for not carrying maice(sp) to protect herself. its the rapist's fault for not having self control but if someone's walking down a dark alley in a slutty shirt then they should be more responsible but most of the time it is just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
AZNRAPPER
Loyal

Post by AZNRAPPER »

i don't think that a person ever has the right to rape anyone else. i'm just saying it's definatly not helping if someone where's extremly seductive clothes. it's still 100% wrong and shouldn't be done but it's just not helping the situation

click here, funny stuff
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

If a man can leave the house wearing whatever the hell he wants without the fear of being raped, a woman should be able to as well.

Idealistic thinking, but it's only because there are so many selfish bastards in the world which could stop this from happening.

A woman who wears clothes of her CHOICE does not asked to be raped. It is the man's problem if he interprets her dress sense in the wrong way.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I have to agree with fruitloop here.

A women should be able to wear whatever she wants. Its not our fualt that a guy can with hold his hormones as they walk by. Men need to respect women, and not touch them unless they want to. Even if their liek almost having sex, then the women say "wait I realy don't want to do this" a man no matter HOW horny he may be should respect her for that, and stop right away. Its not the women fualt that guys can't handel their fucking hormones.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]