Why...do You Believe In God?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Why...do You Believe In God?

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

I'm just wondering, because my faith gets "shaken" alot and then i start to doubt things. So, why do you guys believe in God??

When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

forsaken_without_you
Loyal

Re: Why...do You Believe In God?

Post by forsaken_without_you »

^^^

you have a good point..... :blink:
she said she cared...then why am I all alone..?

"would you like a piece of candy?" -

what makes it so bad?
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Sure, why don't you share why you DONT believe in God, i'm sure that won't actually make me never believe in God again!!!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

that did make me believe in God more actually. Because I can answer all of those things...with my religion.

hell......get used to it.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Well, first off i wasn't condemning you to hell. Its a fact that if God is real (and I think he is) then you will go there. And well, if all the muslims and hindus are right with their religions, i will rot in their form of hell! But, if my religion is right, they will rot in my hell!

God lets us choose. We do have free will. He let adam and eve screw up at the little apple tree. That was THEIR choice.

And if you believe in God you obviously believe that he can be watching all of us at the same time....its called FAITH. Some just can't believe in that so they don't believe in God, which is fine.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Helen, the world is a big place. Try moving to Jordan, where it is not only legal, but encouraged to beat and/or kill (or both) daughters, wives, sisters, and any other female that 'shames the family honor'. Don't you at least think that Christianity (in conjunction with the Bible) has given the Western World a relatively just moral system?

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

The idea with Christianty is to put oneself in a mold, so we in essence become "good" people. And any bad things that happened are devil temptations. I think the idea of satan putting ideas into people's minds is rediculous. God has this so called "Divine Plan," which in essence he/she planned all of existance. Thus negating all hope of true free will (lucky I don't believe it :).. ) As for condemning people to hell, xxwhere is, it did look alot like you told Helen to get used to hell, I can't allow that, nor will I. For you to pass judgements on others in the name of god is rediculous and in actuality its almost your usurping you almighty ones authority/power, which is a sin.. PRESTO: you go to hell.

See how easily I can bend the bible? That! is an inconsistancy (which Helen pointed out) within it, if we would all stop judging eachother on beliefs and perhaps learn about different religions we'd be alot better off. Remember! no religion has gotten it right under any god because they are all too self righteous.

Have a wonderfull day/eve all!

-- Nick
--nj

*Scully*
Loyal

Post by *Scully* »

Originally posted by helencwatters@Feb 2 2003, 08:02 PM

What is He going to do with all the muslims and hindus who ALSO don't believe in the notion of a christian God?

What are you going to do if YOU are wrong?

ok just to clear something up: muslims do believe in God. they believe pretty much everything that christians believe except for the fact that they dont believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God. they believe in God tho.

also, God isnt going to put all the people who dont believe in Him, in hell. he is a loving and forgiving God, and i can guess that when people die and see Him, theyre going to believe. in that case, He will let them into heaven.

im not afraid of the fact that i might be wrong in my beliefs and faith. i believe im right in believing in God. but thats just me. if it turns out im wrong, then so be it. but thats all a part of believing. you believe in something no matter what happens, and no matter how many people try and tell you otherwise.

i believe there is evidence that God exists. i believe everyone is evidence of His existence. as His creations, we are living proof. and the different kinds of people in this world are also living proof that God gives us each free will. He creates us and lets us make our own choices. you can see that quite clearly in the fact that this world is full of both good and bad people.

ok i think that was everything i had to say.......
If anyone needs help or just needs to talk, I'm here. You can e-mail me or pm me anytime.

~Scully

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

"They don't love you like I love you"

"Why, that's positively delicious!"
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Resist, actually i WASNT condemning her to hell. AND i do think that other religions could be right. But i'm going to continue believing in mine... whats so wrong with that?!?! And its true, if she died RIGHT NOW she would probably go to hell. How is it right for her to say that i am going to be wormfood, but not right for me to say that she might go to hell? I think you're a little bit unfair just because you dont believe in God yourself, and being mod of this forum i really don't think that is right.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

whatever happened to being allowed to have our own opinions?

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

I think I can safely speak for helen and say she does not believe in god. Then again things change I could be wrong...
--nj

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Haha, I do belive in god, actually two of them...

and I've answered your PM regarding the subject and hopefully that clears up the misunderstanding we've had.

As for the worm food, you will be even if you go to heaven because your "soul" will be there, not your body...

Also, telling somebody / implying they will go to hell is a judgement and no judgements of other is not allowed.
--nj

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Originally posted by Akim@Feb 2 2003, 09:45 PM

Lets see, you want to know why the God in the bible can't exist?

Easy, he created everything, he created us, he is all knowing. So that means that he knew 5000 years in advances that this person was going to hell or not because HE MADE IT HAPPEN! If that's true then, THERE IS NO FREE WILL! He created everything, we are his simple puppets doing whatever he wanted us to do. If he condemns anyone to go to hell then he condamns himself because HE DID IT!

Now, wasn't that easy? God can't exist because his own existence would be a contradiction of his words.
just because he knew in advance who was going to hell or heaven doesnt mean he didnt give them a chance. . . for example someone could have had the chance to follow him even just by owning a bible...
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

ALL I WANTED TO KNOW WAS WHY THE PPL WHO BELIEVE IN GOD, BELIEVE IN GOD!!!! man, i guess i really shouldn't have let helen speak and ruin my post!! thanks......lol

can we get back to THAT topic ppl PLEASE?!?!

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

You sort of brought it on by asking Helen to discuss this..
--nj

itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

i beleive in god b/c the bible. the bible is wat helped me grow in my own convictions. it explains how much he luvs me and it helps me wanna get to know him.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Why do i believe in God? Well, I was raised to believe in God... but i dont think thats why i believe in God.

I believe in God because Darwin him self said, "To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

I believe in God because, because look out side! At the green grass, the brown bark of a green leafed tree, the blue sky, and the brown dirt. Look at the perfect order of it all. Common, any other explination you can give me for why thats like that is absurd in the highest degree!

I believe in God because look in the mirror! Look at your eye, what are the chances that the 40,000,000 nerve endings, and 137,000,000 light sensitive cells needed to see, all came togeather and formed, with focusing mucles that move 100,000 times a day, all perfectly ordered so that you can see--out of nothing?

I believe in God because the chances that all the fuctions of the human body would just come to geather and happen out of no where is just about impossible.

I believe in God because i have faith.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

well put, well worded... I think this is perhaps one of the best arguements "pro god" I've seen... So lets not shoot it down to nothing as you would not want that to happen to you...

thanks
--nj