Things You Should Get Before The Baby Arrives

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

FranklinF
Veteran

Things You Should Get Before The Baby Arrives

Post by FranklinF »

okay so between what i have needed and the girls on my pregnancy board I have decided to compile a list of very helpful things that you may find yourself wanting

four or five packages of newborn size diapers. i found that Damion grew out of the pampers swadlers the first week, but can still fit into huggies at four weeks, also some newborns dont put on weight as fast and some put it on faster or are larger at birth, also getting a supply of ones and twos is also helpful

lots and lots of wipes. if you have a sams or cosco card i suggest getting one of the large boxes to start with, as i was told by my brother and soon found out you WILL use them for more than just the babies butt...

a front carrier, like a baby bjorn or snugli. those can be expensive i got my carrier for fifteen dollars at target it is infantino brand, and it comes in handy while shopping and not wanting to lug the stroller and carseat. also sometimes damion just wants to be held the carrier is a lifesaver

of course the swing, and bouncy seat. the swings that have wall adapters are cool so you dont spend alot of money on D batteries

a babysitter! (omg i wish i had one of those) just for a few hours a week (best if all in a row) so you can get some sleep...

ok so my list isnt done and we can all add to it, but for now thats it the baby is crying
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Saren
Veteran

Re: Things You Should Get Before The Baby Arrives

Post by Saren »

That's definitely helpful. Especially the diaper part. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how many packages of them I should get.

Thanks for that!!

I'll definitely help add more.

Such as:

Car seat- Hospitals require you to have one before you leave the hospital with the baby.

Crib- The baby needs SOMEwhere to sleep and rest it's little eyes when it's finally home.

Bottles- Enough in handy. I have about 20, so I think I have a good limit on them.

Plenty of onesie clothes! They go through tons of clothing so it would help to have MANY around. <3

Diaper Bin to throw those diapers. We have one down in our basement called a "Diaper Genie" and it would be useful to have something of their own to throw those stinky things in!

Oigh. I know I have a list somewhere around here, but I'm tired so I can't type too much more. I'll add more later!!
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

the diaper genie sucks it just makes them stink more...

also Sleep sacks, like little buntings without arms, they are the perfect blanket as you arent really supposed to use them on the baby

breast pump of you are breast feeding, they have cheap ones at target that use batteries or the wall charger...

***make sure you have slow flow nipples for the bottles*** if they arent you can buy extra nipples and save the regular ones for later***

also and please dont take this the wrong way if you ARE breastfeeding and on wic tell them you arent and stock up on formula ive heard from several ppl theyve ran out once they started formula feeding exclusively... (i havent done this but was told to)

also i stress again wipes Weve gone through four tubs already

baby water (they sell it net to the gallons of water at wallmart) for formula feeders, it is alot easier to make a bottle in the middle of the night when all you have to do is reach next to you and mix the bottle. (if you dont already know there is no need to HEAT a bottle it is fine at room temperature.)

BREAST PADS!!!- your boobs will leak whether you are breastfeeding or not, if not it willtake a couple weeks for your milk to dry up, and boob milk can ruin clothes...

They edit your thinking.

[/center]
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

my sister needed a special thing, cuz her first baby's nose was too small and snot and stuff got stuck in it. The stuck the thingy up her nose and it sucked the snot out. Her nose is still too small for her to pick it, so she picks her younger sisters nose... YUCK little kids.... there so cute.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

yeah an aspirator is what there are called Wheretogo, and its nice when they work but my kids boogers dry to the side of his nostrel so i have to be really careful and use a q-tip no amoun tof sucking with the aspirator helps... plus the one they give you in the hospital works great...

They edit your thinking.

[/center]