I don't know how to do it...

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Autumnsflame97
Hooked On HelpingTeens

I don't know how to do it...

Post by Autumnsflame97 »

Well I was thinking I wanna be a parent when I grow up... but I'm soooo scared! I don't know one single thing about parenting! I don't know HOW to take care of a child the right way... or what's right and wrong... anyone have suggestions?

:ermm:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]The catastrophe shined, and I watched it twisting,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]But it can't touch me, I am just here existing[/CENTER]

[CENTER]My surroundings are just a surreal machine[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Attached to a fake three-dimensional screen[/CENTER]

[CENTER]I let go of the passion that I had been clutching[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Only taking up space here, not feeling, just touching[/CENTER]

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: I don't know how to do it...

Post by Fishhead »

Well, you're only 16 so you've got a few years to figure it out if you plan on waiting until you're older. Besides, most parents don't know what they're doing anyways. Its an instinct, you'll know how to do it when the time comes. All those other parents out there will be having the same troubles you will. I wouldn't stress over it too much because its just one of those things that will work itself out with time and experience.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing. I'm a bit tired and feel that I am not making much sense right now.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

Its great that you want to be a parent. My only advice for you is that you be sure to wait till the right time to try to have children. Be sure that you are in a good position which will allow you to provide for your children. Besides being emotionally and financially prepared for a child, you pretty much can read parenting books and do some online research about parenting.

Most things will just come naturally, like Fishhead said, its an instinct.

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

things do come naturally mostly, but another thing that helps is talking to other parents, babysitting, and reading up on it. some things are more helpful than others when it comes to advice on parenting.

and parenting is a learning process no two kids are the same, so even if you have ten kids you wont always be doing the same things. also figuring out what parenting style you want is good.
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]