kind of good news

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

sadandlonely87
Loyal

kind of good news

Post by sadandlonely87 »

today my boyfriend wanted me to take a pregnancy test and it came back positive. i mean it was only the first one could there be a possibility that it is wrong?
four
Veteran

Re: kind of good news

Post by four »

It is possible yes, I would either go to a doctors office and get a real pregnancy test done, or at the least take another home test in a week or two.
NAAM
~Kerri~
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by ~Kerri~ »

It could very well be a false positive. All you need to do is go to your doctor, they will do another test on you. If it will make you feel better, ask for a blood test, is detects the pregnancy hormone better than urine.
udontno
Loyal

Post by udontno »

It's possible that it could be wrong. Every one else is right, you should take another test and go to the doctor.
<3 Amanda Kate

"You don't need white out. Just scratch it out and move on with your life." -Mr. Witt

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

it is slightly possible, but not likely

false negatives happen alot, false positives RARELY

until you get to the doctor and confirm it live like you are pregnant, no drinking alcohol, no drugs, (not that you do those things just in case though)
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
sadandlonely87
Loyal

Post by sadandlonely87 »

thank you i took three all together and they all came back positive so i think im pretty sure i am
~Kerri~
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by ~Kerri~ »

[quote=LostMySanity;494195]it is slightly possible, but not likely

false negatives happen alot, false positives RARELY

until you get to the doctor and confirm it live like you are pregnant, no drinking alcohol, no drugs, (not that you do those things just in case though)[/quote]

Actually it happens more than most people think. I've suffered a false positive, I've had friends suffer a false positive. My doctor had even told me that if you take, say, 10 urine tests, more than likely half of those would turn out positive. Blood tests are more likely to me accurate.. But, what it comes down to is still going to the dr, and getting some sort of test done
sadandlonely87
Loyal

Post by sadandlonely87 »

i also didn't get my friend when i was suppose to
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Set up a dr.s appointment. False/possitive Possitive/false - no matter right now. The thing you need to do to "act pregnant" till you know for certain - no drugs, alcohol, smoking. Take prenatals and/or mulivitamins, stay away from 2nd hand smoke and start eating healthy - ONLY 200-500 calories more than what you usually eat. You're not really eating for two yet - you just need "more". Good luck and keep us posted!
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!