Seriously disturbing ('homemade abortion??')

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Seriously disturbing ('homemade abortion??')

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

(Note: The 'methods' (if they can be called that) discussed in this thread are UNSAFE and in NO WAY CONDONED on this board.)

Hey guys,

I was talking to my sister (15, sophomore in high school) and we were talking about how some of her friends are sleeping around and she casually mentioned something that completely freaked me out. (And to everyone who's reading, parent or not, be warned that this did indeed freak me out and might be seen as slightly disturbing, so be cautious about continuing if you're easily upset.)

She mentioned that she couldn't believe that one of her friends slept with this guy bcause he slept around so much. She continued, so casually like she was discussing the weather, "yeah, he had to step on this girl's stomach because he got her pregnant a few months ago." I did a serious double take. My expression had to be completely horrified because she kind of looked at me funny. She was like, "what?"

I stared at her and was basically like "WTF? Step on her stomach?"

"Yeah, everyone does it," she replied. "It's better than, like, getting a $300 abortion."

Seriously. WTF? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Apparantly this is commonplace (according to my sister) among high schoolers, at least in her school. "But you have to wait until you're like three months along," she helpfully continued, "because there actually has to be something formed there to squish. Otherwise it doesn't do anything."

I'm sorry, am I the only one who's seriously disturbed by this? what the HELL is wrong with this picture?? For me, this is unsettling on several levels. Firstly, that these kids are sleeping around so much that getting pregnant is something commonplace among 15 year olds. (No offence meant to anyone, this is just something I don't think should be treated so casually, like 15 year olds getting pregnant is a part of everyday life.) Secondly, that 'stepping on her stomach' (which is taken quite literally, he stomps on her abdomen or just walks repeatedly over her) is seen as an acceptable way of getting rid of a pregnancy. Thirdly, that "everyone does it." Again I say: What. The. HELL????

Anyways. that was just sort of a rant, because I'm still kind of (what am I saying? I'm SERIOUSLY) upset by all this. Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone else heard of this - am I just horribly sheltered?

Sarah
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Kit
Veteran

Re: Seriously disturbing ('homemade abortion??')

Post by Kit »

OH HELL NO!!! Disturbed... Highly. Not normal. Retarded. THAT should be considered MURDER! The heart beat starts at 20-25 days. After that it's killing a LIVING THING(my opinion). Even before the heartbeat starts that's preventing life and is not safe for the IDIOTIC "MOTHER" either!

*pissed* Leaving...now.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

OMG! Wow....that is ridiculous! No way would I think anyone would do that!
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

That's terrible. I'm very disturbed. It's like squishing a baby to death, deliberately. I would never do that. I really hope this isn't true.

I don't understand why some decide to be so free with unprotected sex, when protected sex doesn't cost that much in the first place...And then NOT care that they are pregnant two months into it, as if it were a nuisance...a bug in their body. There's a reason people take pregancy seriously. It is a serious matter. Teens who think this casually about pregnancy shouldn't be doing the deed. They seem to have no understanding of consequences for their actions.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
JustBeingMe
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by JustBeingMe »

OMG that has got o be the worst way to treat a child EVER. Whether it's in your stomach or not that's AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!
[CENTER] Being Different is Not Being Weird its Being UNIQUE.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Our inner strengths, experiences, and truths cannot be lost, destroyed, or taken away. Every person has an inborn worth and can contribute to the human community. We allcan treat one another with dignity and respect, provide opportunities to grow toward our fullest lives and help one another discover and develop our unique gifts. We each deserve this and we all can extend it to others.

-Source: Unknown

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

[/CENTER]
Rivv
Loyal

Post by Rivv »

oh...my....gosh...

thats just

wow...
Silence you lost me

No chance for one more day
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

ok so you all know i have been and continue to be pro-choice but yeah this is quite disgusting...

if you want an abortion, that is why you go to the doctor...regardless of the amount of money it costs, it will be worth it for your body today and tomorrow. Stepping on ones stomach might do the job today to abort the child, but who knows what detrimental effects it will have on the womans body today as well as in the future [both near and far term]
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

[quote=SirPostAlot;494643]ok so you all know i have been and continue to be pro-choice but yeah this is quite disgusting...

if you want an abortion, that is why you go to the doctor...regardless of the amount of money it costs, it will be worth it for your body today and tomorrow. Stepping on ones stomach might do the job today to abort the child, but who knows what detrimental effects it will have on the womans body today as well as in the future [both near and far term][/quote]

Yes. It could well cause internal bleeding which (if left untreated) could kill. This 'abortion method' may also seriously affect a womans chances of having children in the future.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

exactly . . . i wish people these days would stop thinking in the moment and start thinking for the future and the effects their actions will have on that era.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

I've heard of this before..

Some people just have no concern for human life.

Morons.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]