14 N Single

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

princess95
Loyal

14 N Single

Post by princess95 »

I want a baby cuz i want someone i can love and they love me back. Can u help me? I want to know if i should have a baby.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: 14 N Single

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

Babies are not the only people who can love you back. Friends, Family, and Significant others can love you back as well. Perhaps you should consider looking towards your friends and family for the love you are seeking, or maybe try finding that special someone to share your love with.

In my personal opinion you should be able to economically and emotionally support a baby before you consider having one. No offense to you or your level of maturity, but I do not believe that many 14 year olds are capable of supporting a baby economically (you can't legally work) or emotionally, because you still have much growing up to do.

That said, my advice would be.... No, you should not have a baby yet. and I believe that you should be looking towards family, friends, or that "special" person for the love you are seeking.

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

princess95
Loyal

Post by princess95 »

thank u i wont
ButterflyGurl15
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by ButterflyGurl15 »

I dnt thnk u should hav a baby bcuz u r nt mature enuf 2 hav a baby. Furthermore, u r in high skool so how r u gonna b a student n teen mother if da father walks out? Thnk about dat n mak a decision 4 urself. Babies tak a lot more luv than dey give n u r tryn 2 hav a baby at 14 can end up bein a regret later. In my humble opinion, u should NOT hav a baby at 14. Glad i could help.
njh88_07
Loyal

Post by njh88_07 »

I have a baby on the way and it's not always fun even to be pregnant. Sometimes I am just plain miserable. But they are right try this write down a pros and cons list to having a baby. Or try writing out a list of expenses that you will have along with and for the baby starting with pregnancy and up if you know what I mean. I am not saying do or don't I am saying think of how your life is going to change once you do. Everything changes once you have a baby. But they are also right that there are other people out there that can love you it just takes time. Hope this helped. Good Luck!
Our attitude towards life determines lifes attitude towards us.

-Earl Nighingale

I may have done some things that are wrong but hey who hasn't? I don't know anyone that is perfect. Do you?

People don't die from suicide they die from sadness.

-ANONYMOUS

That which nourishes me also destroys me.

ANGELINA JOLIE -So true for me. I believe it.
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Lets put it this way...

Expenses -

formula a month - about $550

Crib - $150-200

walker 50-150

bottles - 50-100(bepending on the brand)

bibs - 30

tub - 20-30

baby wash/shampoo - 10

clothes - 100(a month because they grow so fast)

carseat/stroller - 200

paci's - 20 for 5 of them.

baby food(oatmeal, rice, jar stuff, and juice) about 150 a month

jumpers - 20-100(pepending on the one you get)

blankets - 20 a peice.

baby monitors 30 - 200(again, depending on the one you get)

baby sitter - 20 a day(depending on how many hours)

bsby spoons - 5-7.

bouncers - 40

diapers - 20 dollars a box.

wipes - almost 8 dollars a bag of 550.

Medicine for gas, fevers, and teething - about 35 dollars a month.

Time:

All day and all night long. depending on each baby they usually wake up every 2-4 hours. they wake up, you change them, feed them, rock them back to sleep. Repeat. then repeat again. Then when they get a little older, you need safe guards to keep them out of cabinets, doors, drawers, etc. You gotta take time out of the day for drs. appointments when they get sick, hospital visits. Then last but not least then you need to deal with you yourself. Eating, sleeping, colds, school, careers, etc.

You need to remember that just because that child turns 18 - doesn't mean you can quit being a mother. Being a mother is a life long commitment.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
princess95
Loyal

Post by princess95 »

lol i wont
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

ok looking past the expenses, children dont always love you back, sure they are cute, but that doesnt mean they love you, i have a 2.5 year old, i love him, and i suppose he loves me (though he doesnt know what that means) but i get annoyed, they dont listen at first (if ever we all know how we acted or act towards our parents)

which brings up, YOU ARE 14! does your parents want to take care of your child? house and feed and all that crap the both of you. you cant sign a lease until you are 18, you cant even get a part time job until at best 15 or 16, which generally leaves your parents baby sitting. then you go to school and work and get home and you are tired and you still have to watch a child

my advice, wait till you are stable and old enough to take care of a child, the good the bad and the ugly of having children
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
princess95
Loyal

Post by princess95 »

[quote name='FranklinF' date='05 July 2009 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1246852309' post='458058']

ok looking past the expenses, children dont always love you back, sure they are cute, but that doesnt mean they love you, i have a 2.5 year old, i love him, and i suppose he loves me (though he doesnt know what that means) but i get annoyed, they dont listen at first (if ever we all know how we acted or act towards our parents)

which brings up, YOU ARE 14! does your parents want to take care of your child? house and feed and all that crap the both of you. you cant sign a lease until you are 18, you cant even get a part time job until at best 15 or 16, which generally leaves your parents baby sitting. then you go to school and work and get home and you are tired and you still have to watch a child

my advice, wait till you are stable and old enough to take care of a child, the good the bad and the ugly of having children

[/quote]

thank i just wanted one at the time cuz i was dealing wit problems and wasnt thinking straight thank u for ur advice.