Women As Objects

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

kristy
Loyal

Re: Women As Objects

Post by kristy »

objectifying the opposite sex isn't exclusive to guys. girls do it too. a good portion of my friends do it, and i've done it a few times myself.

girls aren't weak and helpless. we can stand up for ourselves. we're not stupid. we can tell when we're being objectified, and maybe some of us even encourage it with the way we dress or act. but thats not the point.

i find it kind of funny that this would bother you so much, seeing as how umm..you're not a girl and all, so its probably never happened to you.

now, get off your soap box and realize that making this thread isn't going to make a group of guys who like to look at girls tits stop looking and commenting on them. there's plenty of guys that are perfectly respectful to women or girls or whatever, and the ones that aren't aren't going to change any time soon. especially just because of this post.
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

Originally posted by kristy@Oct 15 2003, 06:38 AM

objectifying the opposite sex isn't exclusive to guys. girls do it too. a good portion of my friends do it, and i've done it a few times myself.

girls aren't weak and helpless. we can stand up for ourselves. we're not stupid. we can tell when we're being objectified, and maybe some of us even encourage it with the way we dress or act. but thats not the point.

i find it kind of funny that this would bother you so much, seeing as how umm..you're not a girl and all, so its probably never happened to you.

now, get off your soap box and realize that making this thread isn't going to make a group of guys who like to look at girls tits stop looking and commenting on them. there's plenty of guys that are perfectly respectful to women or girls or whatever, and the ones that aren't aren't going to change any time soon. especially just because of this post.

that's actually well said =] i tip my hat to you. if i had a hat on anyways.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
qsgurl3324
Loyal

Post by qsgurl3324 »

I know exactly what you mean. I hate girls constantly being treated like objects too. I just figure the ones that do it don't deserve a girlfriend, and those that do have girlfriends and still do are just trying to fit in. Guys know that we're people and if they want our attention they won't treat us like that. I figure though, get through highschool when the guys are soooo immature and college life might be a little better. Guys by then will hopefully be able to treat us like the queens we are! lol :D
~Qsgurl~[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

maybe thinking ya'll are queens is what cause ya'll to be treated like objects...

any guy who has a backbone of his own believes that women should be treated with respect, I talk about this all the time with my friends and I'm the only one of my friends that believes women shouldn't be treated with anymore respect than men are. *thinks all your views are one-sided*
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

Honestly I hate the whole "guys treats girls with no respect" thing. It comes up in nearly every topic. Girls do the same to guys - we are both equal being so why should us girls be treated any differently than guys are?

Just because guys look at a girls tits down the street does not mean they are pigs or that they are assholes. It just shows that they are interested in them. Besides maybe if some of the girls wore tops that actually covered some part of their bodies up then guys wouldn't ogle so much over them. They are asking for attention by dressing the way they do. To be honest I don't see why us lasses should be complaining - if I overheard a group of guys saying "oh my god look at her tits their well nice" I'd be flattered. LOL! I mean it isn't like they are insulting you - they are complimenting part of your body to their friends. Just like I'm sure everyone does at some point. I mean if I see a guy with a nice ass or whos cute as fuck I'll say to my mates "Woah look at that hottie" or whatever. It isn't like I'm saying "Woah hes an object to stare and drool over" I am just saying he is goodlooking or whatever.

Like others have said making a thread up isn't gonna change a thing, except maybe just cause arguments. :P But theres my view point anyways...

~ Keli
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by kristy@Oct 15 2003, 06:38 AM

I like that! You summed up everything really well!

I have to agree- AND some girls LIKE being objectified!! Personally, I find it a compliment if someone says "look at that hot ass" when I walk by!!!!!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

SpargoMN, that sounds like a splended mission...can I come with ya? :)
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
SpargoMn
Loyal

Post by SpargoMn »

Originally posted by Skye@Oct 15 2003, 02:54 PM

SpargoMN, that sounds like a splended mission...can I come with ya? :)

Absolutely, signups are in the main office. Rock on.

-Spargo
"You can't teach the heart logic, and you cant teach the mind love"

-Spargo

My LiveJournal
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Some girls want to be treated like objects though, go figure.
SpargoMn
Loyal

Post by SpargoMn »

Originally posted by fluffypenguin@Oct 15 2003, 03:42 PM

Some girls want to be treated like objects though, go figure.

*goes figure*, rock on.

-Spargo
"You can't teach the heart logic, and you cant teach the mind love"

-Spargo

My LiveJournal
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

Originally posted by archers_angel+Oct 15 2003, 02:18 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (archers_angel @ Oct 15 2003, 02:18 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-kristy@Oct 15 2003, 06:38 AM

I like that! You summed up everything really well!

I have to agree- AND some girls LIKE being objectified!! Personally, I find it a compliment if someone says "look at that hot ass" when I walk by!!!!![/b][/quote]

that's a good way to think ;)
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by Inu Yasha+Oct 15 2003, 08:12 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Inu Yasha @ Oct 15 2003, 08:12 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-archers_angel@Oct 15 2003, 02:18 PM

I have to agree- AND some girls LIKE being objectified!! Personally, I find it a compliment if someone says "look at that hot ass" when I walk by!!!!!

that's a good way to think ;)[/b][/quote]

I can't help being flattered by strange things! *looks at her own hot ass*