Not Sure If This Should Go Here, But...

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Celebwen

Not Sure If This Should Go Here, But...

Post by Celebwen »

I'm not too sure if this topic should go in the sex category or the relationships one, since it is a bit of both.

Oh, by the way, hey, I'm new here! 18, female, name's Michelle, nice to meet you all!

Anyways, I've been in love with my boyfriend for two years now. We went out last year, then decided to call it quits for family issues, then we got back together a few months ago. When we decided to have sex for the first time, he was really really nervous, because... well, I don't know how to say this, but he isn't very "large", if you know what I mean.

However, the fact remains that I am so much in love with him, that it doesn't matter to me. Besides, it's not that small... I've seen worse! However, he had sex with some girl a while ago who spread it around that he's MUCH smaller than he even is, and a lot of people believed her and made fun of him. He's just the sweetest guy, but so self-conscious, that sometimes we'll be making out and we'll get ready to do other things, but then he'll stop because he's so nervous about what I think. I already told him what I think, that it doesn't matter to me. But it still matters to him.

So the question here is: what do I do to make him realize that it's NOT a big deal?? Is there something I should say, something I should do?? I'm not sure and I'm completely lost, can someone please offer advice?
Doug
Veteran

Re: Not Sure If This Should Go Here, But...

Post by Doug »

Eh, this could go in either one. Go ahead, say he's a bit small, we're pretty blunt here. ;)

There's really not much you can do except to keep reassuring him. Tell him you don't care about any of that superficial (Sp?) stuff and that you only care about who he is. Good luck, hope that helped!

Doug

PS Welcome to TH! :D
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

welcome Celebwen,

i would tell him exactly what you said here,

make sure he knows that you love him for who he is, not what he is - it may be a cliche, but: 'its whats on the inside that counts'.

it doesnt really sound like you can do much more than you have already.

take it slowly - it might take time before he fully gains confidence in himself and how you feel about his size.

maybe try not to focus on it too much for the time being, find other ways of boosting his confidence, then see how it goes when you try again.

hope this made sense.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Celebwen

Post by Celebwen »

Thank you guys so very much, I feel better now. :D I'll try not to focus so much on it for now, maybe I'll just let him now how wonderful he is anyways. Thanks once again!
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

size soo doesnt matter, tell him that as long as the guy knows to do with what he has that's all that matters
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

The only way I could think of is to compliment him. When you two make love with eachother just show him how much you love him and how great he is. Remember, it's not the size of the waves, it's the motion of the ocean that matters. ;)
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Its seems like you are a great girlfriend. I'm sure you already do what compliment him and tell him that its not a big deal how big or small he is. There really is nothing more you can do besides tell him how you feel about him and tell him that you really don't care.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Shortie
Loyal

Post by Shortie »

Try not to bring it up either, it might look like your focusing on it :P