Ultra Thin Condoms

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Kristina
Veteran

Ultra Thin Condoms

Post by Kristina »

Are ultra-thin condoms any less effective against protecting against pregnancy and STD's?
There's always someone cooler than you
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Ultra Thin Condoms

Post by Paris In Flames »

I think they have more of a chance of breaking. But I'm not sure - can anybody vreify that for me?

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
2Blunt
Loyal

Post by 2Blunt »

Not at all. They are only at risk if they're being used by someone who's too large for them. Ultra Thin is a SIZE related to dick size, not to the actual amount of latex used. There are three -sizes- that I know of for condoms. Large, Med (Avg), and Thin (also ultra thin apparently). Then there are a whole bunch of others like rippled, her pleasure, spermicied, etc, but those aren't sizes, their special types. I believe they all come in avg size (which is a pain, because they hurt me).
Find a comfortable position and just sex away!
2Blunt
Loyal

Post by 2Blunt »

Again, it's not actually a THINNER material, it's just sized differently. So instead of being this far around O it's only this far around o. Think of it this way, the larger ones aren't made up of a thicker material, it's just made so it goes further around. Look at an elastic band. They come in a bunch of different sizes so that they stretch around different sized things. Condoms are the same. They are still the same thickness of latex on the actual dick part, but the little circle at the end is made smaller to fit a smaller dick.
Find a comfortable position and just sex away!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

The word thinner does not mean that the condoms material is any less strong. The word thinner is meant to signify the penis size.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Dustin+Feb 18 2005, 08:34 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

I am almost positive that it means the thickness of the condom because I have used them before and you can tell a difference in the feeling... like you feel more stuff...

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I'll take your word for it on "feels different." I dont have a penis. :kid:
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by Skye@Feb 18 2005, 03:00 PM

The word thinner does not mean that the condoms material is any less strong. The word thinner is meant to signify the penis size.

[right][/right]

Almost all condom brands (Condomi, Trojan, Durex, Avanti& Lifestyles to name just a few that I'm aware of) sell their condom sizes in thin. This is nothing to do with the SIZE of the condom, but the latex used to make the condom is thinner than the average condom, providing "heightened sensitivity to the condom-wearer" (direct quote!) The extra fine latex used is still high quality natural rubber latex, and each company claims that their 'thinner' version is no more prone to breaking than any other condom they sell.

The general consenus amoung men I have spoken to is that they prefer ultra-thin condoms as they are just as reliable as any other condoms, but don't 'numb' the penis as much, and you can 'feel' more.