My Sister

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

babygurl17
Loyal

My Sister

Post by babygurl17 »

okay, my sister, Angel, is only 15 and she's been dating this guy for like 1mth. She lost her virginity to him last week. She's had more serious boyfriends that him, and never done nething with them besides make out. i dont want her to get pregnant~!!! i told her to get back on her birth control, and i went to the pharmacy the other day and bought her a box of condoms. but can i do anything else? i mean, i cant make her get back on the pill... should i take her to get on the shot? or the patch? i dont want her to wind up pregnant by this guy, he's leaving for the army in 2mths, for 4 years. so she'd be here raising this baby by herself, she says she doesnt want kids right now, but then she says well maybe it wouldnt be so bad. i dont know what to do~!!!!

Any Advice? thanks Ashley

<-------------------PS thats picture of her with my Middle daughter. Kaleigh
turtbub
Veteran

Re: My Sister

Post by turtbub »

I think that you've really done all you can. By buying her condoms and trying to get her back on the pill, you've filled your role as big sister without overstepping it.

But if you drag her off to get the shot or the patch or something, I think she'll be angry at you for it. You've helped and told her what she needs to hear, but now it's HER life and it's ultimately in HER hands.

:hug: Hang in there.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I agree wtih Hannah. You've done pretty much all you can do. Anything else is left completely up to her. Just have a talk with her and let her know how hard it is to raise a baby alone. Maybe she'll listen.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

I think buying her condoms and birth control pills was more like encouraging her behavior rather than remedying it. That way she thinks it's okay to just have sex with any boyfriend no matter how little they've gotten to know each other. I don't know what your standards are on sex, but I think having sex after a month isn't the best thing, especially at her age.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
Loyal

Post by 309756 »

Regardless of whether you have contraception provided, the decision is hers. If you want to stpo her from getting preganant, you need to sit her down and talk to her forcefully about it.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i dont think u can do much besides getting her condoms and talking about it, fortunately i think he's leaving soon so just make sure she uses protection during those couple months that he is still here, but in the end it's her decision if she's old enough to have sex she'd have to deal with the consequences if she does end up pregnant
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
_ofunsoundmind
Loyal

Post by _ofunsoundmind »

Ashley,

It's great of you to care so much for your sister, but unfortunatly you have done everything you can do. Buying her the condoms was a really great move. Now all you can do is pray that she comes to her senses and realizes what she's doing. IF she was to get pregnant, that would be horrible but she's got to live with the consequences. You are not responsible for her actions.

If this guy is 18, then you could always tell the authorities and have him arrested for having underage sex. That is pretty drastic, but it's an option.

I hope everything turns out well for you

x Shelle
Ethan Riley Winters

born the 16th of August, 2002

weighing 7 pounds and 9 ounces

^ Our gift from God ^

I've always known this wasn't Home
-B.D.